Be a Child's Champion
Administrative FellowADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 23060
Provide project support for Leadership Team and other executives as needed while training and developing management skills during this one-year program. The fellowship begins with clinical and operational departmental orientation rotations. Over the course of the 12-month experience, the fellow develops working relationships with the hospital's senior management team and is afforded the opportunity to become involved in an array of special projects and many of which are based on the particular interests of the student
Job Specific Duties
- Attends all Board meetings and other meetings as specified by the Leadership Team.
- Complies with all standards for safety, risk management, and infection control as required by enforcement agencies.
- Contributes to various organizational objectives through project support and assignments for Senior Executives and Directors as requested.
- Responsible for personal and professional growth and expertise by remaining current with state/federal associations and professional trends, and by participating in community activities.
- Gains exposure to all levels of the Health System, including upper and mid-level management, medical staff, and governance and external relations.
- Maintains records of goals and accomplishments to be reported to Leadership Team on bi-monthly basis.
- Participates on teams, committees, and special projects both internal and external to the organization as requested by Leaders.
- Serves as a resource to the organization through introduction of current academic theories and management techniques and by challenging current philosophies.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Health (Services) Administration, or Public Health - required to be in final year or complete by hire date.
- 1-3 years of prior work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in healthcare field preferred.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers.
- Strong communication skills (verbally and in writing).
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
- Strong computer literacy and analytical skills.
Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES-1000-955900
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.