Be a Child's Champion
Anesthesia TechnicianANESTHESIOLOGY Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 24347
Works under the direction of the Directors Surgical Services and Chief of Anesthesia to provide care to patients undergoing surgical intervention and to support the Anesthesiologist involved. Prepares for the procedures, providing supplies and assistance during the procedure and for post procedure clean up. Responsible for providing cost effective supply ordering.
Minimum Job Requirements
CPR: Healthcare Provider
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately orders, picks up and stocks medication in the anesthesia carts. Responsible for periodic inspections for medication outdates prior to expiration.
- Assist with patient care activities under the direction of the Anesthesiologists and RN circulator.
- Cleans, maintains, and safety checks all equipment accordingly to Infection Control and manufacture guidelines.
- Responsible for knowledge of universal precautions in dealing with patients and equipment.
- Engages in teaching others in specifics of their department.
- Maintains and records inventory, ordering, receiving, and storing equipment and supplies.
- Maintains anesthesia supply room and OR's for cleanliness and neatness.
- Maintains collaboration with OR Supply Coordinator and Material Services to coordinate purchases.
- Participates, monitors, and documents in department QA/QI program.
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Two years of clinical Anesthesia Technician experience preferred.
- Certification from American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians preferred.
- EMT license preferred.
Job : Nursing- Support (Clinical)
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : ANESTHESIOLOGY-2100-760020
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.