Be a Child's Champion
APRN - Genetics & Metabolism (Full Time, Day Shift)
Our nurses are happy, and we do everything we can to keep them that way. We are looking for quality, driven nurses to join our outstanding team; take a look at our current openings and apply today.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
- APRN - Advanced Practice Registered Nurse State of Florida Licensure - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Successful completion of Credentialing by NCH Medical Administration required
- ACLS - NCH - ACLS Course required as per department
- NALS - NCH - NRP Program required as per department
- PALS - NCH - PALS Skills Check off required as per department
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Institute - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 7 days of hire date - if required for this position or department
- Level II Background Check and Affidavit of Good Moral Character - if required for this position or department
- CPR BLS - NCH - CPR Healthcare Provider Maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a resource for patients, families, staff, or community groups providing education and emotional support.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, monitors, manages, and modify a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Ensures plan of care is of sufficient breadth and depth to guide the interdisciplinary team in achieving the desired health outcomes for patients and families.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care across departments and promoting optimal patient outcomes.
- Contributes to the development of peers, colleagues, and others to improve patient outcomes and to promote growth of the nursing profession by facilitating collaboration and communication.
- Ensures understanding and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the developmental level of the patient.
- Generates, collects, and integrates data from a wide variety of sources in order to make clinical judgments and decisions about the initiation of orders, procedures, referrals, and treatments.
- Accountable for maintaining current expertise and skills in order to facilitate a high quality of clinical performance and to promote professional growth.
- Models professional verbal and written communication with the interdisciplinary team members involved in the ongoing management of patients to optimize patient outcomes.
- Participates in other necessary activities associated with patient care (writing daily progress notes, coordinating clinical care, discharge planning, etc.).
- Writes orders, monitors/alters drug therapies, and performs other procedures with education and experience within established protocol in collaborative relationship with a Physician(s).
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to problem solves to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-GENETICS AND METABOLISM-3100-450735
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.