Be a Child's Champion
Behavioral Health Tech-Psychiatry (Full Time, Day Shift)PSYCHIATRY Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20602
Responsible for providing patients with daily living activities. Maintains the environment to ensure the safety of staff, patients, families, and visitors.
QualificationsMinimum Job Requirements
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Institute - Successfully complete CPI (Crisis Intervention Training) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment and required within 7 days of hire date
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Level II Background Check and Affidavit of Good Moral Character
- First year of service completes the basic hours of orientation plus 12 hours of in-service training
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience working with children and/or adolescents preferred.
- Hospital experience as a Care Assistant with appropriate training in Psychiatry department will be considered.
- Flexibility in changing situations.
- Communicates in a clear and professional fashion.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Applies collaborative problem solving approach with daily and routine interaction with patients.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, personal care, & comfort measures. Assist with certain behavioral interventions and test/procedures under the direction and supervision of RN.
- Assists RN with patient intake/admission paperwork.
- Documents significant occurrences, observed behaviors, I &O (if ordered), and observation findings in patient charts and reports to RN.
- Communicates patient’s behavior to team. Reports any significant changes in patient condition or behavior to RN.
- Conducts group sessions with a preset agenda and format. Actively reassess safety and precautions with patients in relevant groups.
- Employs therapeutic sensitivity and skills in managing inappropriate patient behavior, difficult people, and complex situations.
- Completes documentation and reports accurately and thoroughly on a timely basis (includes patient teaching, 15 min observations, outdoor activities, groups, etc.).
- Performs clerical duties related to support of unit activities as assigned and assists with obtaining weights, vital signs, logging patient belongings, and specimen collection.
- Evaluates patients' responses to implementation of treatment plan.
- Interacts with patients in a therapeutic manner to improve social skills aligned with their treatment goals while maintaining a safe & therapeutic milieu by monitoring compliance with program rules.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Plans and implements therapeutic patient activities, as well as, assists RNs and therapists in completion of treatment plans.
- Provides appropriate individualized de-escalation techniques.
- Reports patient/family complaints and/or allegations of abuse/neglect by staff to nurse and Leaders.
- Provides continuous supervision and observation of patient activities.
- Greets and welcomes patients, families, and visitors. Communicates information regarding services and delivers excellent and timely service and support.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Job : Psychiatry
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : PSYCHIATRY-2100-630000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.