Be a Child's Champion
Budget/Financial Planning AnalystDECISION SUPPORT Florida-Miami-NCHS Corporate Headquarters Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20904
Performs budget and financial planning functions including statistical and analytical reviews, and prepares and assists in the preparation of financial reports, statements, and presentations. Participates in cross functional teams to assist with financial requirements and to enable adherence to generally acceptable accounting principles. Specialized subject matter expertise in complex health care accounting functions and acts as lead for team and directs workflow.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related business degree required.
Minimum 5 years of budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs annual budgeting for hospital, physician group, and foundation; budget consolidation at the Health System level.
- Performs long range financial planning for the entire health system.
- Prepares accurate financial and statistical reports for internal and external use by government agencies, financial institutions, auditors, and third-party agencies.
- Responsible for updating EPSi database management.
- Completes complex ad hoc reporting assignments requested by Leaders.
- Participates as the financial team member in strategic projects of the Hospital and System.
- Leads strategic projects of the financial division.
- Develops automated procedures, eliminates duplication of effort, and coordinating information requirements in order to increases productivity and efficiency within the Finance Division.
- Provides recommendations to leadership (CEO, CFO, and COO), other hospital administrators, and medical leadership regarding a wide range of hospital based strategic initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Business or Finance preferred.
- Healthcare experience (hospital, service line, physician group, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Strong computer applications and project management skills.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with a high level of ambiguity.
- Strategic experience in healthcare industry (pediatrics) preferred.
- Financial and analytical proficiency including forecasts, projections and pro formas.
- Ability to assess complex situations, develop actionable plans & successfully execute under stressful conditions.
- Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently and ensuring the projects remain on track and on budget.
- Able to engage cooperatively and constructively with co-workers, medical staff, and senior leadership.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT, DRG, and other coding/reimbursement schedules.
- Strong proficiency in EPSi, Excel, Power Point, Access, AS400, SQL, and other healthcare related systems.
Job : Accounting/Finance
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-NCHS Corporate Headquarters
Department : DECISION SUPPORT-1000-903906
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.