Be a Child's Champion
Chief Orthopedic Technician (Full Time, Day Shift)ORTHO - CAST ROOM Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20862
Supervises orthopedic technologists and manages specified operational functions of the Cast Room concerning surgical and non-surgical orthopedic procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements
Certified by NAOT (must maintain certification).
Completed orthopedic technologist training.
CPR: Healthcare Provider
High School education or equivalent.
Minimum 10 years experience as an orthopedic technologist.
Minimum 5 years in a pediatric setting.
Previous supervisory experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists physicians in orthopedic procedures and performs patient care activities.
- Cleans equipment and work area after each use maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Completes assigned patients rounds in a timely manner.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner according to departmental guidelines.
- Demonstrates aseptic techniques in dressing change, removal of sutures or staples, and setting up surgical fields.
- Enters charges, required patient information, and other data into the computer in an accurate and timely manner according to departmental guidelines.
- Interprets, with guidance and supervision, simple fractures and dislocations on x-ray films.
- Performs in an operating room environment under the direct supervision of a surgeon.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers, using effective oral and written communication skills and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Articulates descriptions of basic orthopedic conditions based on a fundamental understanding of anatomical structures and their relationship with one another.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge and practical application of upper and lower extremity casts, skin and skeletal traction and orthopedic devices.
- Interprets, adapts and reacts calmly under stressful conditions.
Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : ORTHO - CAST ROOM-2100-725050
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.