Be a Child's Champion
Citrix Systems EngineerTECHNOLOGY SERVICES Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices Miami, Florida Requisition ID 19982
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning, and recovery procedures of enterprise systems at Nicklaus Children's Health System to ensure industry standards have been met. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Investigates, analyzes feasibility of system requirements, and develops system specifications. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Assists project teams with technical issues/requirements from the initial planning phase through the completion of the project.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or related field (or) 5 years of experience as a Citrix Engineer
- Active and valid State of Florida driver’s license with an approved driving record pursuant to our policy and maintained throughout employment
- 5 years of servers or systems infrastructure experience
- 3 years of Windows Operating Systems and Virtualization experience
- 4 years of experience managing Citrix core technologies (XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Server, StoreFront)
- 3 years of experience configuring and managing Citrix Netscaler appliances in a high availability and access gateway policies configuration
- 3 years of experience managing TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP services in an enterprise infrastructure
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical Certification in Citrix or Microsoft technologies highly preferred
- Experience in disaster recovery planning/methodologies highly preferred
- Experience in profile management, and thin client solutions highly preferred
- Experience with automation through scripting (PowerShell, vbscript, etc.)
- Able to manage Active Directory, network shares, printer management, and network applications
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and courteous manner
- Able to work independently, provide exceptional customer service, establish necessary professional relationships, and interact effectively with external and internal customers from entry to executive management levels
- Able to gather needs, conduct root cause analysis, assess requirements, and provide strategies on preventive measures or operation systems solutions
- Results-oriented and self-motivated individual with the ability to improve the effectiveness, performance, and efficiency of the network systems team
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, and effectively manage and use resources to successfully meet the competing deadlines of a variety of tasks, problems, and projects
- Able and available to be on-call 24/7/365, and work flexible schedules, holidays, and weekends.
Job Specific Duties
- Performs technological researches, recommends innovative roadmaps, maintenance schedules, life cycle plans and where possible, automated approaches for administrating Citrix tasks.
- Implements applications and virtual desktop solutions using the entire Citrix portfolio (XenApp, XenDesktop, Provision Services, StoreFront, Netscaler, etc).
- Applies OS patches, firmware upgrades on a regular basis to meet best practices. Performs periodic performance assessment and reporting to support capacity planning for Citrix related technologies.
- Delivers high-quality application integration services via Citrix to NCHS customers, including configuration of servers and workstations.
- Creates/maintains up to date work product documentation, checklists, & standard operating procedures documents to ensure high quality of service delivery & maximize NCHS efficiency/effectiveness.
- Provides escalation support to NCHS users & support teams independently or involving outside vendors, by analyzing the problem and applying a scientific methodology to resolve it cost-effectively.
- Tests all work and involves the customers in acceptance testing to ensure their systems are fully functional and their needs have been met.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of all Citrix resources, systems and key processes, and reviews system and application logs to maximize uptime.
- Reviews ticketing system to ensure assigned tickets are identified and issue is effectively resolved in compliance with policies and service-level agreements.
- Installs, configures, implements, and upgrades new or existing Citrix infrastructure or related third party technologies.
- Adheres to change management processes and proactively assesses, and executes changes to technology infrastructures that enhance overall system functionality, stability, and performance.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices
Department : TECHNOLOGY SERVICES-1000-921901
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.