Be a Child's Champion
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Full Time, Flex Shift)PHARMACY Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 26135
- State of Florida Pharmacist license required - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Delivers quality pharmaceutical care and effective medication management outcomes through error-free care, timely verification, and delivery of medications.
- Participates in hospital based Code Blue events, medication reconciliation and provides evidenced based drug information.
- Ensures and maintains competency with safe use of pharmacy and hospital clinical information systems (Cerner, Pyxis, C-2Safe,Baxa TPN, DoseEdge, Lab).
- Ensures appropriate aseptic IV technique to meet USP 797 standards as required and completes annual IV Room competency training and testing.
- Ensures and executes policies and procedures that insure appropriate, cost-effective, safe medication use and utilizes the approved hospital formulary.
- Ensures working clinical knowledge and practice skills related to TPN, Chemotherapy, and Investigational Drug processing, preparation, and dispensing.
- Directs and supervises technical staff related to daily medication compounding and preparation, and verifies accuracy of medications prior to dispensing.
- Interprets and processes medication orders timely, accurately, and manages medication use based on state and federal regulations.
- Performs quality review to achieve metrics & documents interventions, clinical activities, adverse drug reactions, & medication errors accurately to meet DNV standards, state & federal requirements.
- Screens for adverse events such as allergies, correct dosage, incompatibilities, duplications, potential adverse drug reactions, contraindications, drug-drug interactions and drug-food interactions.
- Provides patient and family education upon request and actively participates in department in-service programs as assigned.
- Weighs, measures, and prepares oral and IV medication products utilizing appropriate tools and equipment.
- Actively participates in lean committee assigned activities, daily huddles, and works to improve departmental service excellence index (SEI) scores through patient and family initiatives.
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education requirements.
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy and procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental service survey.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy; Doctorate of Pharmacy preferred
- Ability to assess patient care conditions and evaluate patient response to medication therapy regimens
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively in both oral and written form with all levels of hospital personnel and all patient groups
- Ability to comprehend and analyze information
- Ability to coordinate the sequence of an operation or a process
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making
- Ability to operate equipment and pharmacy information systems
- Ability to problem solve and think analytically
- Ability to provide supervisory oversight for technical staff related to medication preparation and dispensing
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, co-workers, clinical/medical staff, and interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of pharmacokinetic and pharmaco-therapeutic properties of medications
Job : Pharmacy
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : PHARMACY-2100-730000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.