Be a Child's Champion
Customer Service Agent (Full Time, Day Shift)CUSTOMER CARE CENTER Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20866
Receives incoming queued calls from families and patients related to billing questions or discrepancies for the hospital, UCC's, and PSA offices.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 1-3 years Experience working with patient accounts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- One year of experience working with medical terminology, procedures, diagnosis codes, and insurance strongly preferred.
- Fluency in speaking Spanish highly preferred.
- Knowledge of medical third party payor software a plus.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Excellent understanding of HIPAA regulations.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to accurately enter and interpret data.
- Able to co-relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to follow detailed written or verbal instructions.
Job Specific Duties
- Receives incoming queued calls from patients and families related to billing including billing discrepancies and disputes for the hospital, UCC’s, and PSA offices.
- Educates parents regarding their financial obligations for services rendered. Verifies patient’s relationship to caller, ensures guarantor, primary & secondary insurance information is correct.
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders in order to resolve billing discrepancies including internal departments as well as external third parties contracted for billing services.
- Provides follow up and status reports to parents who call in pending a resolution to their issue.
- Identifies accounts that need to be re-assigned or recalled when they have been placed with the incorrect vendor and notifies Manager for processing.
- Determines resolution step (i.e. apply credit, request refund, adjustment or audit) & attaches action code in Cerner to instruct internal departments on what is next step in process resolution.
- Contacts vendor liaison via email or phone in order to place the account with the correct stake holder when necessary.
- Documents all calls into the electronic medical record in Cerner, in order to accurately capture as much detail as possible.
- Places request for audit of record by the Revenue Integrity team when a parent disputes receiving a service or charge.
- Provides alternatives to help the guarantor with outstanding balances. Advises on optional payment plans and financial charity options available if the applicant meets the requirements.
- Complies with applicable governmental regulations such as HIPPA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).
- Provides documentation requested by guarantor including itemized bills/statements, & detailed statements from physician account, financial evaluation charity application, & receipt of payments.
- Educates global health patients regarding billing options. Investigates if a contract is in place with global and collaborates with Global Health department regarding resolution.
- Processes payments as needed, tracks payment history, transfers payments using virtual cash register software and closes register at end of each day.
- Identifies duplicate financial and medical record numbers, and handles as appropriate.
Job : Billing/Collections
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : CUSTOMER CARE CENTER-2100-906010
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.