Be a Child's Champion
Director Operations NCPSNCPS-PROFESSIONAL SERVICES Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 25367
Responsible for directing, implementing, and deploying physician and other disciplines operating initiatives to provide clinical services, increase growth and market reach by service line consistent with the mission of NCHS in accordance with applicable laws and policies. Works closely with the employed Physicians and Department Directors. Responsible for analysis, reviews procedures, and work flows for optimization to the overall NCPS business. Directs areas for improvement in data, systems, and business processes. Directs the business and administrative of the NCPS Physicians, PCC Primary Care Practices (PCCs), Adolescent Medicine Practices and others to include profit and loss (P &L) management for each practice, facility operations, and supervision of support staff.
Job Specific Duties
- Responsible for directing, implementing, and deploying physician and other disciplines operating initiatives to provide clinical services, increase growth, and market reach by service line consistent with the mission of NCHS in accordance with applicable laws and policies.
- Responsible for analysis, reviews procedures, and work flows for optimization to the overall outpatient business. Directs areas for improvement in data, systems, and business processes. Works closely with the employed Physicians and Directors. Directs the business and administrative operations of the assigned physician groups includes profit and loss (P &L) management for each practice and facility operations.
- Direct all phases of the planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of the programs within span of control. Ensures goals and objectives are met in accordance to proposals and approved strategic plan.
- Responsible for the daily operations and financial performance for medical practices/programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for consistently ensuring process improvement plans are on target to reduce, eliminate waste, increase efficiency, quality, safety, satisfaction, and cost-effectiveness.
- Promotes cost containment and ensures contractual, billing, and financial operations run efficiently.
- Manages employee attendance, productivity, and other performance markers. Provide on-going training for new and existing employees on various tasks, procedures, and systems. Provides feedback on job performance and/or makes recommendations.
- Ensures staff has access to on-site and off-site training opportunities.
- Strategically positions the organization to react and responds effectively to unplanned circumstances, demands, and challenges facing the department while creating an environment where revenue enhancement and cost reductions are met and exceed.
- Leads and guides the development of new strategic initiatives across the network and physician practices.
- Partners with the Health System service line leaders to ensure the highest level of collaboration between the physician groups and ancillary departments to promote the highest level of care.
- Promotes continuity of care by aligning policies and processes that enhance value based care among NCPS and Health System entities.
- Works with the physician groups and ancillary departments to enhance revenue cycle processes (enhanced documentation, coding, collections, etc.) to minimize revenue at risk and positively affect the bottom line.
- Works closely with the Chief of the hospitalist division to minimize costs and increase net revenues by evaluating service agreements with third party institutions and developing new referral sources.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in healthcare setting
- Experience working in a community-based and multicultural setting
- Supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare business planning, marketing, and financial management.
- Ability to organize, direct, and coordinate a staff.
- Effective business dealing with senior executives while engendering the trust of the employed physician leaders.
- Ability to use complex mathematical techniques to budget and provide productivity assessment reports.
- Knowledge of practice management fundamentals including physician contracting, on-call schedules, provider WRVU’s, P & L management, and professional billing components.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical, statistical data, and solve a broad range of problems.
- Strong organizational skills
Job : Management
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-PROFESSIONAL SERVICES-3100-490000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.