Be a Child's Champion
EMT LifeFlight (Full Time, Night Shift)TRANSPORT TEAM Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 21795
Responsible for the care of injured patients transported by the LifeFlight Transport Program. Responsibilities involve the maintenance and upkeep of the ambulance and its equipment and driving the ambulances, whether this is for the critical care team or the single provider team. Responsible for responding to requests for transport with all of LifeFlight’s ground vehicles, record keeping, data entry, and clerical support. Accountable for taking part in the ongoing development of the LifeFlight program by attending and participating in meetings, in-services, committees, and completing projects as assigned by the LifeFlight Leaders.
- Florida EMT license required.
- Completion of EVOC course required.
- Minimum 1 year experience as an EMT required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience driving an emergency vehicle.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required..
- Current class E driver’s license.
- PALS/ACLS certifications are required within 1 year of hire.
- CPI certification to be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- NRP certification to be obtained within 1 year of hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with inter-facility and intra-facility transfers of patients and attends to personal needs of patients/families with each patient transport.
- Functions as a professional representative of the Nicklaus Children's Hospital LifeFlight Transport Program on every shift.
- Maintains and provides upkeep of MCHS ambulances, transport equipment, and supplies on every shift.
- Performs and assists with assessment and monitoring with each patient contact.
- Promotes corporate compliance within the framework of the Code of Business and ethical Conduct with each shift.
- Renders life support to ill or injured patients in adherence with written protocols under the supervision of the medical staff on every transport.
- Responsible for responding to requests for transport with all of LifeFlight’s ground vehicles, record keeping, data entry, and clerical support.
- Accountable for taking part in the ongoing development of the LifeFlight program by attending & participating in meetings, in-services, committees, & completing projects as assigned.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- NREMT certification preferred.
- CPR instructor preferred.
- Available up to 2 hours prior to/after each scheduled shift.
- Able to take 12 hours on-call per week every week.
Job : Nursing- Support (Clinical)
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : TRANSPORT TEAM-2100-780020
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.