Be a Child's Champion
Enterprise Storage/Backup EngineerTECHNOLOGY SERVICES Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices Miami, Florida Requisition ID 19941
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning, and recovery procedures of enterprise systems at Nicklaus Children's Health System to ensure industry standards are met. Serves as a technical expert in the areas of storage and backup systems administration for complex systems. Investigates, analyzes feasibility of system requirements, and develops system specifications. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Assists project teams with technical issues/requirements from the initial planning phase through the completion of the project.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or related field (or) 5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Active and valid State of Florida driver’s license with an approved driving record pursuant to our policy and maintained throughout employment
- 5 years of servers or systems infrastructure experience
- 4 years of administration, configuration, and maintenance of storage ARRAYS, and networks experience in an operations technical role
- 4 years of experience managing SAN/NAS storage networks
- 3 years of experience managing Dell-EMC, Cisco (Cisco MDS, Unisphere, IBM Tivoli) and backup solutions
- 3 years of experience in implementing and managing SMB, CIFS, NFS, Shares, and NTFS Permissions
- 3 years of Windows Operating Systems and Virtualization experience
- 3 years of experience managing backup systems and SAN switches, including zones and Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSAN) in an enterprise infrastructure
- 3 years of experience in developing and implementing disaster recovery solutions including EMC SRDF, Isilon and Tintri storage technology replication
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical Certification in EMC Storage, VM Ware, or back technologies highly preferred
- Experience with VM Ware virtualization technologies highly preferred
- Experience working in a Network Operation Center or Data Center preferred
- Advanced technical knowledge of SAN/NAS hardware standards (VMAX, ISILON, UNITY, TINTRI)
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and courteous manner
- Able to work independently, provide exceptional customer service, establish necessary professional relationships, and interact effectively with external and internal customers from entry to executive management levels
- Able to gather needs, conduct root cause analysis, assess requirements, and provide strategies on preventive measures or operation systems solutions
- Results-oriented and self-motivated individual with the ability to improve the effectiveness, performance, and efficiency of the network systems team
- •Able to work in a fast paced environment, and effectively manage and use resources to successfully meet the competing deadlines of a variety of tasks, problems, and projects
- Able and available to be on-call 24/7/365, and work flexible schedules, holidays, and weekends
Job Specific Duties
- Provides escalation support per request from other support teams and training as needed in the development of the client services group.
- Researches, recommends innovative and where possible, automated approaches for storage systems administration tasks. Identifies approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Develops data protection and disaster recovery policies for the enterprise storage and virtualization infrastructure and associated applications.
- Regularly applies OS patches/firmware upgrades to meet storage vendor best practices. Performs performance assessment & reporting to support capacity planning for Storage and Backup infrastructure.
- Responsible for provisioning of new or expansion of existing storage volumes in the virtualization or physical infrastructure to ensure continuous system operations.
- Responsible for configuring of backups for data protection and restoration of system data.
- Delivers high-quality integration services to NCHS customers, including configuration of servers, storage arrays, backup solutions, and internetworking equipment on servers.
- Prepares work product documentation, checklists, and standard operating procedures documents to ensure a high quality of service delivery and maximize NCHS efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides support to NCHS users, independently or involving outside vendors, by analyzing the problem and applying a scientific methodology to resolve it in a cost-effective manner.
- Tests all work, and involves the customers in acceptance testing to ensure their systems are fully functional and their needs have been met.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of storage, backups and server resources and key processes, and reviews system and application logs to maximize uptime.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the data center and the installation and configuration of systems. Ensures the installation of equipment at the data center follows standard operation processes.
- Reviews ticketing system to ensure assigned tickets are identified and issue effectively resolved in compliance with policies and service-level agreements.
- Administers the Tivoli storage enterprise backup system, client installs configuration, and trouble shooting.
- Adheres to change management processes, and proactively assesses, and executes changes to technology infrastructures that enhance overall system functionality, stability, and performance.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices
Department : TECHNOLOGY SERVICES-1000-921901
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.