Be a Child's Champion
Executive Administrative AssistantADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 22709
Responsible for advanced administrative work reporting to VP/SVP level executive. Performs a variety of advance clerical, administrative, and special projects for the SVPs/VPs and utilizes a variety of office skills along with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. Able to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. Works independently on projects and activities from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and judgment, while working in a results-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the executive’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role for direct access to the executive’s time and office.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the executives with internal staff and associates, business partners, and other 3rd parties on matters related to executive’s initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the executive's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff, leaders, and staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the executive to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities, and following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the executive updated.
- Handle day-to-day operations and specific tasks in a fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the executive’s ability to effectively lead.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion often with deadline pressures.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality regarding any relationships, discussions, and material that the Executive Assistant is privy to.
- Coordinates travel for executives. May also arrange travel schedules, transportation, and overnight accommodations.
- Works closely with Talent Management to coordinates recruiting and agenda for physician, senior leaders, and executives that are being recruited to NCHS. Ensure an excellent experience and impression of NCHS in all aspects of their visit.
- Prepares standard and routine reports, presentations, memorandums, letters, meeting agendas, and minutes of meeting using software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, charts, and databases. Assist in formatting and proof reading of business documents, internal and external reports.
- Arrange internal meetings with leadership and plan quarterly and annual review meetings. Develop itineraries and agendas and interact directly with other leaders and executives for scheduling and other needs.
- Execute projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, and managing timelines. Create status reports and general tracking mechanisms to ensure achievement of objectives through a detailed approach to task execution.
QualificationsMinimum Job Requirements
- Associate's Degree or equivalent training/experience
- 3-5 years experience in supporting Executive level positions
- 2-4 years prior experience in an office setting
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Database managements skills and technologically savvy.
- Excellent organization and follow up skills.
- Resourceful, proactive, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to changing responsibilities, and multiple assignments.
- Ability to exercise proper judgment to assess priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Handle sensitive tasks and documents with complete confidentiality and discretion.
Job : Clerical/Administrative
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES-1000-955900
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.