Be a Child's Champion
Executive Director Operations (Outpatient Center)ACC - REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 23423
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master's Degree in related field
- 3-5 years of progressive outpatient care management experience
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to effectively supervise, coach, mentor and develop staff.
- Must be able to relate cooperatively and constructively with customers - physicians, senior leadership, staff members and other hospital personnel.
- Must have excellent analytical and fiscal abilities to administer complex budgets, resolve complex fiscal and administrative issues, and implement short/long term goals.
- Requires excellent consultative and collaborative skills to best partner with teams throughout NCHS, physicians, patients/families and others from the community to achieve organizational goals.
- Sound understanding of management and health care issues in an outpatient health care setting
Job Specific Duties
- Analyzes and monitors costs and charging mechanisms
- Analyzes centers’ data and searches for opportunities to expand services and improve centers’ effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction. Markets outpatient centers to promote and grow services.
- Collaborates across department and with medical staff in providing and planning quality and consistent patient care services.
- Collaborates with department personnel, medical staff, and administrative staff to provide a quality and consistent patient care experience.
- Completes annual performance appraisals and three month probationary competency ratings within NCHS guidelines.
- Develops and maintains capital and operating budgets within budget limits and justifies any variance exceeding 5%.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates short and long term goals and objectives.
- Develops, reviews, and revises departmental policies and procedures that meet department goals and objectives, and assures compliance with DNV and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensures compliance with all safety standards, quality, risk management, and infection control as required by regulatory agencies.
- Ensures highest integrity for the business operations of the outpatient centers by analyzing and monitoring costs, charge posting, and revenue.
- Oversees center(s) resources needed to facilitate patient care. Identifies and analyzes system problems and facilitates resolution.
- Provides administrative leadership to assigned outpatient centers; Directs department managers to establish objectives and plans that support the hospital’s strategic plan, hospital-wide initiatives and guiding principles and monitors progress towards their achievement.
- Responsible for ensuring best reimbursement and coding practices, and makes recommendations on managed care contracts to maximize reimbursement for outpatient services.
Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : ACC - REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION-2100-500950
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.