Be a Child's Champion
Financial Analyst/AccountantFINANCE AND ACCOUNTING Florida-Miami-NCHS Corporate Headquarters Miami, Florida Requisition ID 21540
Performs accounting functions, conducts financial, statistical and analytical reviews, and prepares and assists in the preparation of financial reports, statements, and presentations. Participates in cross functional teams to assist with financial requirements and to enable adherence to generally acceptable accounting principles.
Minimum Job Requirements
Minimum of 5-7 years of general ledger and/or healthcare experience.
Minimum of 3years of experience in an accounting or auditing position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes data and statistics to identify trends and variances.
- Communicates information clearly and concisely to internal and external groups.
- Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special projects both internal and external to the organization.
- Performs simple reconciliations on a prescribed periodic basis; identifies and clears all reconciling items the following the period.
- Prepares accurate financial and/or statistical reports for internal and external use by governmental agencies, financial institutions, or third-party agencies.
- Prepares and records month-end transactions in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Renders assistance to department directors and managers in preparing and reviewing data and systems.
- Supports senior management and performs other assignments as requested.
- Knowledge in health care accounting functions as well as progressive accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accountin preferred.
- Demonstrates competency in financial and statistical reporting.
- Demonstrates competency in design, preparation of spreadsheets and other financial reports.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Skill in the use of complex mathematical and statistical techniques to assess financial and statistical scenarios.
- Knowledge of healthcare finance.
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment to support the financial goals of the organization.
- Communicates information in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner for use by internal and external groups.
Job : Accounting/Finance
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-NCHS Corporate Headquarters
Department : FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING-1000-900901
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.