Be a Child's Champion
Financial Analyst (Financial Analytic Team)DECISION SUPPORT Florida-Miami-NCHS Corporate Headquarters Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20869
Performs financial functions, conducts statistical, analytical reviews, and prepares and assists in the preparation of financial reports, statements, preformats and presentations. Participates in cross functional teams to assist with financial requirements and to enable adherence to generally acceptable accounting principles.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field required.
3-5 years' experience in business planning (strategic planning, business development, financial analysis, and forecasting)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates resource requirements to meet patient care demands associated with new business development opportunities.
- Develops and executes complex business plans (including financial models) and project plans to obtain new business growth for the organization.
- Plans, analyzes, coordinates and serves as liaison for activities, projects, and programs related to new business opportunities.
- Provide analysis, data, and writing to support the NCHS’ strategic planning, growth, and development efforts including an annual system environmental assessment.
- Works with leadership & staff within the NCHS Strategy Team, hospital administrators, and other medical leadership regarding new patient services.
- Analyzes data and statistics to identify trends and account variances for specifically assigned departments. Provides explanation for variances.
- Prepares accurate financial and statistical information for internal and external use by government agencies, financial institutions, auditors, and third-party agencies.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements using generally accepted accounting principles
- Performs complex general ledger account reconciliation on a routine basis; identifies and clears all reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Performs ad hoc financial reporting projects.
- Assists in the coordination of activities of Accountants.
- Increases productivity and efficiency within the Finance Division by streamlining procedures, eliminating duplication of effort, and coordinating information requirement
- Prepares special studies, analyses and recommendations for budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts.
- Participates in cross functional teams to assist with financial requirements and to enable adherence to generally acceptable accounting principles
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field preferred.
- Excellent financial, analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience in bringing together groups with diverse interests and assisting groups to build common goals.
- Demonstrates competency in financial and statistical reporting, design, preparation of spreadsheets, and other financial reports.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Skill in the use of complex mathematical and statistical techniques to assess financial and statistical scenarios.
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment to support the financial goals of the organization.
- Communicates information in a clear, concise, and easy to understand manner for use by internal and external groups.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experienced in using business intelligence system(s).
Job : Accounting/Finance
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-NCHS Corporate Headquarters
Department : DECISION SUPPORT-1000-903906
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.