Be a Child's Champion
Floor Tech (Full Time/Evening Shift)ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20576
Cleans and maintains an assigned area. Performs preventative and corrective floor care tasks, special cleaning procedures, supply control and inventory tasks, technical training assistance, and minor equipment maintenance. Assigns and directs resources in the absence of Lead Tech or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans assigned area.
- Cleans emergency spills and debris.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Ensures equipment is in good working order.
- Maintains assigned work area and equipment.
- Performs minor equipment repair as needed.
- Performs preventative and corrective floor care tasks.
- Performs special cleaning procedures.
- Performs supply control and inventory duties.
- Provides technical training assistance.
- Reports safety hazards and defects.
- Communicates sufficiently to request supplies and writes identifying information.
- Housekeeping and/or Maintenance experience preferred. Some floor care experience preferred.
- Must be able to comprehend verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must be able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers.
- Requires the ability to follow simple instructions to accomplish repetitive tasks.
Job : Environmental Services
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES-2100-850000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.