Be a Child's Champion
Formula Room Technician (Staff Relief)FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 23539
Delivers high quality, sanitary and accurate formula preparations in a timely manner.
Minimum Job Requirements
Prior customer service experience.
- Responsible for communicating with medical, nursing and nutrition team for clarification and prioritization of formula orders.
- Creates labels according to MCHS standards for specialized formulas delivered to nursing units.
- Sanitizes work area and utilizes dishwasher for sterilization of mixing equipment.
- Arranges stockrooms for ease of product visibility and according to inspection standards (Food Safety & Sanitation, EOC).
- Initiates and maintains all productivity logs (formula inventory, orders)
- Checks expiration dates for formula stock in nursing units, storage rooms and formula mixing room. Discards expired formulas as appropriate.
- Maintains and monitors overnight kit to ensure continuum of formula provision for newly admitted or new overnight orders.
- Measures/weighs formula ingredients using a gram scale for powder products and a graduated cylinder, beaker or sterile syringe for liquid products.
- Utilizes the standard recipe charts for preparation of special mixed formulas or uses the recipe provided in the comments section of the order.
- Utilizes aseptic technique for preparation of all special mixed formulas or modulars for human milk.
- Follows appropriate storage time for opened products, utilizing opened/expiration labels for all opened containers being stored.
- Delivers formula to assigned nursing units within standard timeframe (90 minutes for new orders).
- Responsible for properly utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu) and education requirements.
- Maintains professional accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance procedures, and ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Able to follow simple instructions to accomplish repetitive tasks
- Able to perform mathematical and formula calculations
- Able to convert specific weights in an accurate and precise manner
- Ability to be sensitive to patient ethnic and cultural differences in formula use / preparation
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers
- Able to maintain a strict schedule in order to distribute formula appropriately
Job : Food & Nutrition Services
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES-2100-800000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.