Be a Child's Champion
Intern-PsychNCPS-PSYCHOLOGY SERVICES Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 22244
*For Matched Candidates Only*
Participates in hospital consultation, intake interviews, forensic and psychological evaluations, inpatient & outpatient treatment, discharge planning, community outreach activities and clinical training experiences.
Job Specific Duties
- Accepts assignment of outpatient cases and schedules outpatient appointments with clients within 24 hours of being assigned a case.
- Actively facilitates and participates in clinical individual and group supervision by a licensed psychologist in accordance with APA guidelines.
- Maintains an active case load and participates in all assigned psychological treatments and assessment procedures individual, group and family therapies as well as psychological and psycho-educational evaluations.
- Participates in training seminars and continuing education activities as recommended such as Family Therapy Seminar, Assessment Seminar, Consultation Liaison Seminar, Eating Disorder, Topic Specific Seminar, and Professional Development Seminar.
- Provides consultation services for inpatient, emergency room and continuing care clinics.
- Provides in-service training programs for psychiatry staff or community or county agencies during the residency year.
- Provides psychological testing for psychiatric inpatients and outpatients as ordered.
- Updates charts once the administration of psychological testing is completed.
- Maintains comprehensive, complete and up-to-date records on all outpatient cases as per department guidelines. Submits outpatient charges that enable accurate & truthful billing.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Minimum Job Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Job : Physician
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-PSYCHOLOGY SERVICES-3100-471756
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.