Be a Child's Champion
Lead Medical Technologist - W. Kendall UCC (Full Time) -eveningsW KENDALL CENTER - LAB Florida-Miami-West Kendall Miami, Florida Requisition ID 23141
Performs laboratory tests for clinical diagnosis adhering to guidelines of licensing and regulatory agencies. Performs other Lead functions assisting with the administrative tasks of their assigned locations.
Job Specific Duties
- Performs Lead functions to assist the Manager and Director with the administrative tasks of their assigned locations.
- Coordinates scheduling for centers to ensure adequate numbers of competent staff to complete workload.
- Complies with Health System and laboratory safety regulations.
- Maintains temperatures and performs quality control on instrumentation and reagents used daily.
- Reviews with the UCC Lab Manager laboratory procedures and guidelines and update Policy Tech as a document writer as needed.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and calibrations on instruments and equipment. Maintains cleanliness of instruments, equipment, and area.
- Performs internal and external proficiency testing; evaluates and responds to proficiency testing survey results promptly.
- Participates in teaching laboratory procedures and policies to students and staff. Assists with onboarding of new hires.
- Monitors inventory and assures that supplies are adequate.
- Performs and reports laboratory tests accurately in required turnaround time.
- Performs quality control/quality improvement processes and maintains required records.
- Recognizes and reports critical values within specified timeframes to appropriate patient care personnel.
- Conducts parallel studies, evaluates new instrumentation, and implements new test procedures per CAP standards.
- Participates in department lean processes overseen by director.
- Ensures proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) indication and use.
- Reviews instrumentation, processes, re-agents, and storage to ensure compliance on a daily basis.
- Complies with accrediting agencies (FDA, CAP, DNV, AHCA, CMS , AABB) standards and regulations.
- Participates validation new instruments and/or new test procedures in the Department.
Minimum Job Requirements
- State of Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license - maintain active and in good standing throughout employement
- 2-4 years of experience working as a Medical Technologist
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree preferred.
- National Certification preferred.
- ASCP, AAB or AMT preferred.
- Ability to communicate promptly, clearly, and courteously, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assign tasks, coordinate team members, and leads by example.
- Ability to interpret and analyze information to perform laboratory procedures.
- Ability to use computer to enter and access patient data.
- Able to accurately relay patient test results to appropriate person.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform laboratory techniques and use laboratory instruments.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
- Able to work cooperatively and constructively with physicians, patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to problem solve to adapt standard clinical procedures to the individual client's need.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
Job : Laboratory
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-West Kendall
Department : W KENDALL CENTER - LAB-2100-530702
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.