Be a Child's Champion
LPN - Emergency Services (Full Time, Night Shift)
By becoming a nurse at Nicklaus Children’s, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of patient and family centered care that meets the quality of standards at our Magnet designated hospital. We are looking for a nurse to provide compassion and knowledge every day.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) – maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) required within one year in the position
- American Heart Association PALS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 2 years in the position
- Level II Background Check - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- Completes nursing pain assessment, pain reassessments, and vitals within appropriate timeframe. Communicates with RN to provide updates on nursing interventions, and pertinent information.
- Assists with collecting specimens, transporting specimens to laboratory, obtaining medication from pharmacy, performing EKG, performing CPR, and assisting in various procedures as needed.
- Provides point of care testing with documentation of results in the EMR to include: RSV, Flu, Strep, Pregnancy Tests, I stat - glucose, Occult blood.
- Actively supports patient by transporting to all areas within the hospital for procedures and admissions. Provides support to the RN to manage flow of patients efficiently during the shift.
- Administers appropriate medications and assists with IV Therapy.
- Completes bedside hand off communication at shift change, transfers, and patient reassignments.
- Provides discharge planning paperwork including school notes and participates in patient and family teaching.
- Documents nursing interventions and patient response in a timely manner according to departmental procedures in the Electronic Health record.
- Responsible for restocking of supplies. Assists with room preparation and turnover.
- Promotes an “error free” working environment by consistently providing high-quality safe care as prompted.
- Works to meet/exceed department standards & achieve hospital-wide CEI/SEI standards by completing documents in a timely manner, & being accountable to regulatory requirements of accrediting agencies.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients,and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
- ACLS within 1 year in the position and in good standing throughout employment preferred
- Nursing experience in a pediatrics hospital is preferred
- Successfully completed 30-hours post-graduate course on IV Therapy strongly preferred
- Strong customer service, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate and effectively utilize electronic patient care record
- Performs accurate calculations for medication administration
- Ability to perform the duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Care Act, ANA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and Performance
- Able to work collaboratively and follow the direction of the Registered Nurse and/or Nursing Leader
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and meeting customer expectations
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : EMERGENCY ROOM NURSING-2100-670600
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.