Be a Child's Champion
LPN - Healthy Connections - The Children's Trust (Full Time, Day Shift)
By becoming a nurse at Nicklaus Children’s, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of patient and family centered care that meets the quality of standards at our Magnet designated hospital. We are looking for a nurse to provide compassion and knowledge every day.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
Provides routine patient care, care coordination, and primary prevention interventions under the direction of the ARNP, RN, and/or physician. Performs health screenings; observations; implementation of plan of care; reports patients’ conditions to nursing team, physicians, and families; and provides appropriate education to students and families. Works with the TCT team to promote health and wellness in Dade County Public Schools, according to the guidelines and requirements of MCH and The Children’s Trust.
Minimum Job Requirements
CPR: Healthcare Provider.
Level II finger printing background (as per department only).
Licensed to practice practical nursing in the state of Florida.
Current AHA First Aide certification required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs & documents all required screenings timely & accurately in the appropriate, required formats. Initiates appropriate interventions based on screenings.
- Reviews all student records annually & as required ensuring all required immunizations are up to date. Documents all immunizations in the appropriate school/state registries.
- Enters appropriate interventions & documents at minimum annually & as required in the student’s CUMMS school record. Responsible for knowing & updating all required elements in CUMM.
- Performs observations of students seeking care in the health clinic. Implements plan of care using protocols, documents plan of care in collaboration with other disciplines and services.
- Communicates with ARNP and/or physician patient’s progress and documents all student visits to the clinic in the appropriate formats and filed appropriately in a timely manner.
- Identifies all students with chronic conditions and initiates contact with family. Collaborates to implement plan of care established by the care team and family. Plans transfer of records.
- Ensures clinic is maintained according to all regulatory requirements including monitoring and documentation of all requirements.
- Administers medication as ordered, adhering to all appropriate agency’s policies and procedures. Provides training as indicated for teachers and staff.
- Plans and implements educational programs for students and staff on a monthly basis as indicated by the school’s educational calendar and determined by TCT leadership team.
- Participate in quality assurance programs established by regulatory agencies and TCT leadership team. Attends staff meetings as scheduled by TCT leadership team.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Effective English and Spanish communication skills both verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency in medication calculations and administration
- Prior experience in Pediatrics preferred.
- Knowledge of CDC and MDCPS Vaccine Schedule/Mandatory Vaccine Requirements.
- Ability to work well with team members, upholding the standards established by MCH and The Children’s Trust.
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : GRANT- THE CHILDREN'S TRUST-2100-311508
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.