Be a Child's Champion
LPN - Multi-Specialty Unit (Full Time, Night Shift)
By becoming a nurse at Nicklaus Children’s, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of patient and family centered care that meets the quality of standards at our Magnet designated hospital. We are looking for a nurse to provide compassion and knowledge every day.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
Delivers high quality customer service and thrives in a collaborative fast-paced, multidisciplinary approach to total patient care. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and within the scope of practice with the Florida Board of Nursing Practice Act. Responsible for delivering routine patient care for newborns through adolescents in a family centered care environment.
Minimum Job Requirements
CPR: Healthcare Provider
Licensed to practice practical nursing in the state of Florida
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care in accordance with standards of practice, MCH nursing policies & procedures and provides basic care such as feeding, repositioning patient, bathing & changing diapers.
- Completes all nursing assessment, reassessments and communicates with RN to provide updates on nursing interventions, and pertinent information related to the patient’s condition or care.
- Administers medications, assists with IV Therapy according the hospital policies & procedures. Responsible for specimen collection.
- Responsible for restocking of supplies such as gloves, gowns, linen, medical equipment, etc. Assists with room preparation and turnover.
- Assists with transporting patients to medical exams, procedures and inpatient unit transfers.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of the hospital interdisciplinary team and promotes the team concept within the department and hospital wide.
- Completes hand off communication at shift change, transfers, and patient reassignments.
- Assists with the discharge planning process and participates in patient and family teaching.
- Interacts with patients and families to review plan of care, solicits input and communicate any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Documents nursing interventions and patient response to care in the Electronic Health record according to nursing and hospital policies and procedures. per patient
- Provides and documents patient/family education including discharge teaching/instructions.
- Adheres to all regulatory requirements of the Joint Commission, CMS, DOH, and any other accrediting agencies and following hospital policies and procedures.
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing infection prevention are adhered to on their assigned shift. F: daily/T: ongoing
- Provides beside report and patient information at shift change.
- Responsible for specimen collection.
- Successfully completed a 30-hours post-graduate course on IV Therapy.
- Strong customer service, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Performs calculations for medication administration.
- Nursing experience in a pediatrics hospital is preferred.
- Ability to perform the duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and Performance.
- Work collaboratively and follow the direction of the Registered Nurse and/or Nursing Leader.
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and meeting customer expectations.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data.
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : 3 NORTH-2100-610005
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.