Be a Child's Champion
LPN - ORTHOPEDICS (Part Time, Day Shift)NCPS-ORTHOPEDICS & SUPPORT Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 21405
Minimum Job Requirements
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) – maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
QualificationsEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care in accordance with standards of practice, NCHS nursing policies & procedures and provides basic care such as vitals and history.
- Completes patient assessment and communicates with physician, providing pertinent information related to the patient’s care.
- Assists with injections according hospital policies & procedures. Responsible for specimen collection.
- Assists with restocking of supplies such as gloves, gowns, linen, medical equipment, etc. Assists with room preparation and turnover.
- Assists with rooming patients for physicians and x-ray procedures.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of interdisciplinary team and promotes the team concept within the department and hospital wide.
- Completes hand off communication at shift change, transfers, and patient reassignments.
- Assists with the clinic discharge planning process and participates in patient and family teaching.
- Interacts with patients and families to review plan of care, solicits input and communicate any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Performs and documents vitals in the Electronic Health record according to nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides and documents patient/family education including discharge teaching/instructions.
- Adheres to all regulatory requirements of the DNV, CMS, DOH, and any other accrediting agencies and following hospital policies and procedures.
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing and ensuring infection prevention is adhered to on assigned shift.
- Successfully completed a 30-hours post-graduate course on IV Therapy strongly preferred.
- Nursing experience in a pediatrics hospital is preferred.
- Strong customer service, problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer program; able to learn as needed.
- Able to perform calculations for medication administration.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, ANA Code of Ethics, and Standards of Practice and Performance.
- Able to work collaboratively and follow the directions of the Registered Nurse and/or Nursing Leader.
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service and meeting customer expectations.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data.
Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-ORTHOPEDICS & SUPPORT-3100-466790
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.