Be a Child's Champion
Manager Design & Construction (Full Time, Day Shift)CONSTRUCTION Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 21673
Manages the design and construction including planning, organizing, directing and controlling the construction project management function of the hospital and all associated off-campus facilities. Responsible for providing leadership to the staff accountable for the management of new and renovation construction projects as well as directly managing assigned complex and high level projects. Provides direction to staff, contractors, architects, designers and other vendors for all assigned facility project activities. Responsible for the development and implementation of design and construction standards, guidelines, best practices, departmental procedures, process improvement initiatives, contract development and construction safety. Facilitates and monitors contract negotiations, advises staff on contract terms, design standards, construction delivery methods, safety and other general management responsibilities.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Construction Management or a related field required.
Five years’ experience in hospital facilities management, engineering, or construction management
Three years supervisory experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and monitor staff project work, financial reporting, schedule and performance levels. Oversee Construction projects within assigned facilities and manage the project process in accordance with system's budget and schedule goals. Review requested capital projects to ensure compliance with overall system goals and objectives for assigned facilities. Participate/Lead group planning meetings; collaborate with key personnel; use effective verbal and written communications for on-going follow up.
- Maintain accurate project financial records through the use of system software. Work with the Finance Department to ensure accurate reporting of project status.
- Assures construction projects adhere to safety practices, current construction standards and maintains compliance with all required codes and regulations
- Coordinates programming, design and construction meetings; communicates all information resulting from such meetings to appropriate parties in order to adhere to the construction schedule and budget
- Ensures compliance with AHCA and local building codes, follows up on issues and concerns, and takes corrective measures as needed
- Mitigates MCH project risks by preparing project analysis risk report and presenting it to the Director and other departments/parties involved
- Keeps Leaders informed of activities, needs, and problems and provides on-going project communications, status reports, summaries and executive level updates.
- Selects, orients/trains, assigns, directs, evaluates performance, makes recommendations for personnel actions and supervises departmental staff.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, hazardous and infection control standards. Provides guidance and consultation to key personnel regarding policies/procedures, standards.
- Assists in the development of the Design & Construction budget, including the capital budget and changes/additions, and project work order requests. Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for the Director. Prepares project reports and maintains historical data as may be appropriate. Provides guidance for implementation of hospital equipment inventory control program within the department that will meet requirements of regulatory accreditation to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Periodically inspects buildings, grounds and power plant. Evaluates conditions/needs, and take and/or make recommendations.
- Directs and performs purchasing functions of the department in accordance to hospital policies and procedures.
- Experience managing multiple healthcare projects of significant size and complexity is preferred
- Registered Architect or Engineer in the State of Florida is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to implement MCH procedures to ensure safety and security
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and project management software
- Ability to ensure project compliance with all regulatory codes and hospital infection control procedures
- Ability to handle potentially sensitive situations by applying consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups
- Ability to plan, organizes, motivate, mentor, direct and evaluate the work of others
- Ability to prioritize work by making informed judgments and to develop solutions for complex problems
- Ability to utilize project management tools
- Knowledge of CAD system, CAFM, estimating, cost control, scheduling, construction administration, quality control, specification writing and space planning
- Specific knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility
- Knowledge of technical, professional and business in the fields of healthcare delivery, architecture, and construction and building design process
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors, and other hospital personnel.
- Strong leadership ability and willingness to work with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Ability to plan, organizes, develop, implement, and interpret the program's goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department.
- A thorough knowledge of computer systems and applications that are and can be used in the department.
Job : Management
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : CONSTRUCTION-1000-944900
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.