Be a Child's Champion
Mental Health Therapist (Full Time, Day shift)PSYCHIATRY Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 24478
Oversees and provides behavioral individual and/or family therapy and healthcare services through the outpatient clinic.
Job Specific Duties
- Acts as liaison and maintains contacts with other outside agencies for continuity of care.
- Completes an initial psychosocial evaluation including a DSM-V diagnosis, clinical observations and recommendations in the form of a treatment plan.
- Completes billing, documentation, and progress notes immediately /after each visit. Ensures documentation is reflective of the patients' treatment goals and patients' response to therapy.
- Informs Chief Psychologist of patient care concerns.
- Provides evidence based psychological intervention and assessment to patient and families.
- Submits required information for billing immediately after service provided and maintains organized records easily accessed in case of discrepancies.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
- Master's degree mental health field required.
- State of Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in individual, group and family therapy.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required within 90 days of hire - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- CPI (Crisis Intervention Training) required within 90 days of hire – maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- Level II finger printing background required.
- Master's degree in mental health field required.
- At least 1 year experience in individual, group and family therapy with a pediatric population preferred.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan for treatment, education or nutrition and to evaluate patient’s response to the implementation of the plan.
Job : Psychiatry
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : PSYCHIATRY-2100-630000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.