Be a Child's Champion
MRI Tech (Full Time, Evening shift)RADIOLOGY-MRI Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 21038
Performs MRI examinations on patients as requested by the referring physicians. Coordinates patient flow and activities of the MRI Scanner.
- ARRT-MR or ARMRIT - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment required within 1 year of hire date.
- Enrolled or completed a training program in MRI (or) 3 years of MRI Technologist experience.
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- 1 year experience as an MRI Technologist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks patient chart or prescription to guarantee that the proper exam is performed.
- Coordinates MRI exams with other departments and doctors' offices.
- Documents all the required information in Patient Log Book and on Patient Scan Sheet.
- Exercises extreme care and caution while obtaining medical history and reason for examination, in order to promote patient safety and avoid damage to MRI equipment.
- Follows hospital patient-identification policy prior to performing examination.
- Informs shift supervisor of equipment repair and keeps MRI equipment clean and orderly.
- Responsible for maintaining current educational levels to stay current on new MRI issues.
- Monitors all patients in the MRI scanner, with nursing assistance when appropriate.
- Operates MRI scanner to produce detailed high quality diagnostic images.
- Performs scans in a timely manner to reduce patient delays.
- Enters and transmits patient information to PACS promptly upon completion of examination.
- Knowledge of location of emergency equipment and their functions.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbally and writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt standard clinical procedures to the individual client's needs.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
Job : Imaging & Radiology
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : RADIOLOGY-MRI-2100-721733
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.