Be a Child's Champion
Network TechnicianTECHNOLOGY SERVICES Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20651
Responsible for providing technical expertise and support for networking infrastructure, and installing cable or fiber optics at Nicklaus Children's Health System to ensure industry standards are met. Under minimal supervision, analyzes existing hardware to make recommendations appropriate to the organization's needs. Assists project teams with technical issues/requirements from the initial planning phase through the completion of the project. Ensures safe cable installation practices, and complies with industry-appropriate standards and safety regulations.
QualificationsMinimum Job Requirements
- Active and valid State of Florida driver’s license with an approved driving record pursuant to our policy and maintained throughout employment.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- 3 years of work experience in low voltage electricity and cabling
- 3 years of working experience in the use of all data and telecommunication equipment and materials, including the use of hand and power tools to install cables
- 3 years of working experience with LAN\WAN equipment installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- 3 years of working experience in fishing cables through various types of ceilings, walls, floors, conduit, inner-ducts, risers, and fire-stops.
- Experience in conducting site surveys for construction projects
- Experience in installation of copper cabling, fiber optic cable installation and fiber optic fusion splicing, data center infrastructure, testing and mapping of existing cabling infrastructure and IDF closet clean up, demo of existing cabling infrastructure as well as paging system installation.
- Experiencing in reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring schematic, device installation manuals, drawings and sketches.
- Experience working with different monitoring solutions such as Solarwinds, StruxureWare, and Cisco Prime.
- Knowledge of network switching using Cisco technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP and understanding of VLANS and subnetting.
- Experience in IDF/MDF closet buildouts (mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic enclosures and hardware). Able to install grounding for racks, equipment, and cable as required. Able to complete all IDF connections (e.g. terminate 110/66 blocks and patch panels).
- Experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing cabling and/or networking related issues.
- Able to identify cable types and their uses, and read and interpret makings on cable jackets.
- General working knowledge of Mercury Boards, HID Card Readers, and Surveillance cameras.
- Knowledge of BICSI code requirements for low-voltage installation.
- Able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and courteous manner.
- Able to work independently, provide exceptional customer service, establish necessary professional relationships, and interact effectively with external and internal customers from entry to executive management levels.
- Able to gather needs, conduct root cause analysis, assess requirements, and provide strategies on preventive measures or operation systems solutions.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated individual with the ability to improve the effectiveness, performance, and efficiency of the network systems team.
- Able and available to be on-call 24/7/365, and work flexible schedules, holidays, and weekends.
- Provides overall system administration duties; designing/engineering system modifications, performing technical investigations, incident response, request fulfillment, & root cause analysis.
- Provides hardware/software support for Genetec security center & configuration tool; installation & configuration of surveillance cameras, HID card readers, mercury boards, & door access controls.
- Promotes, adopts, and implements automation standards to streamline processes, and develops efficient workflows that positively affect patient care.
- Responds to escalated technical support issues, and works the problem to resolution to reduce or prevent service interruptions.
- Collaborates with internal/external teams including vendors by assessing deliverables, attending regulatory meetings to improve communication, and aligning tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Prepares work product documentation, training materials, checklists, architecture designs, and standard documents to ensure a high quality of service.
- Performs system monitoring of IDF closets, verifies the integrity & availability of all networking infrastructure/key processes, & implements resolutions to avoid/reduce unplanned incident/outage.
- Adheres to change management processes, and proactively assesses and executes changes to technology infrastructure that enhances overall system functionality, stability, and performance.
- Reviews ticketing system to ensure assigned tickets have been identified, issued effectively, and resolved in compliance with policies and service-level agreements.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices
Department : TECHNOLOGY SERVICES-1000-921901
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.