Be a Child's Champion
Nurse Manager- CICU (Full Time, Night shift)
Our nurses are happy, and we do everything we can to keep them that way. We are looking for quality, driven nurses to join our outstanding team; take a look at our current openings and apply today.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
Responsible for the management of quality patient and staff including internal and external customers within their designated scope of responsible (unit, department, or services).
QualificationsMinimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing (Required)
- RN - Registered Nurse RN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) – maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS
- 3-5 years RN experience
- 2 years of pediatric nursing including charge nursing experience preferred.
- Career Development: certification after two years preferred.
- Ability to problem solve department issues and maintain clinical practices.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Competent in nursing skills required for designated scope of responsibility.
- Acts as supplemental Operations Administrator when needed to supervise shift to shift operations.
- Coordinates and collaborates with stakeholders such as multidisciplinary teams and internal/external customers to create collaborative work relationships that drive performance and quality outcomes in a timely and effective manner.
- Identifies LEAN projects and selects tools to review and evaluate current process states.
- Manage budget(s) effectively and is made aware of any variances of greater than 5% by Director. Directly manages personnel resources from hiring to employment separation while supervising staff through orientation, training, and annual performance reviews within established guidelines within scope of responsibility. Monitors and impacts cost containment while enhancing revenue streams to meet the fiscal goals according to hospital policies and procedures. Maintains a comprehensive staffing plan/model that is aligned with budget and key quality indicators.
- Oversees and supervises day to day operations, reacting effectively to unplanned circumstances, demands and challenges of respective areas of responsibility, assuring quality services, and patient directed care. Coordinates and collaborates with stakeholders such as multidisciplinary teams, internal and external customers to create collaborative work relationships. Performs personnel procedures including payroll (time & attendance) and progressive disciplinary action in a timely and accurate manner. Develops educational programs and trains staff in related skills, values, and career development to ensure employee engagement and retention goals are achieved.
- Performs administrative duties such as collecting, analyzing, and reporting data pertinent to each department.
- Performs administrative duties such as collecting, analyzing, and reporting data pertinent to each department. Identifies, promotes, and facilitates educational programs and trains staff in related skills, values, and career development to ensure the employee engagement and retention goals are achieved. Participates in life wings as a method of process improvement. Oversees and supervises day to day service operations, reacting effectively to unplanned circumstances, demands and challenges of respective areas of responsibility, assuring quality services and patient directed care.
- Coordinates the unit's customer service indicators including the preparation, analysis, and submission of required reports. Complete daily patient rounds and staff rounds to provided updates on needed improvements and successes. Updates and communicates outcomes and information to staff during meetings or huddles. Establishes standards, provides training, and enforces compliance of departmental hospital customer service program. Recognizes staff members who are identified by families and helps embed a culture of service excellence with all staff.
Job : Nursing - Management
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : CARDIAC CRITICAL CARE-2100-620030
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.