Be a Child's Champion
Operations Manager - Surgical Services (Full Time, Day Shift)OR ADMINISTRATION Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 23038
Supports and assists the Director of Surgical Services, Medical Director Operating Room, and executive leadership in the efficient operation and overall strategic and financial planning of Surgical Services. Supports and upholds the Health System Mission, Vision, Values, and Guiding Behaviors, Patient Bill of Rights, and the Code of Business and Ethical Conduct.
Job Specific Duties
- Applies patient care provision and management systems, personnel development, fiscal and unit operations, performance improvement, and program development.
- Promotes innovation and excellence in clinical, service, and team performance. Use of innovative ideas to increase productivity,reduce costs, and to develop positive and proactive team member relations.
- Works to implement and evaluate systems that promote cost effective and safe quality patient care.
- Provides leadership and business acumen in positioning areas of responsibility for optimal performance in achieving the organization's fiscal and quality objectives.
- Understands economic factors impacting health care resources including state, federal, and third-party payment structure.
- Responsible for identifying financial and quality metrics that demonstrate review of the current evidence-based literature, regulatory requirements, and organizational objectives.
- Leads and manages various process improvement initiatives and is responsible for all aspects of project execution, project management, documentation, and status reporting within the organization.
- Identifies performance improvement initiatives, develops, and executes strategies to improve business and clinical processes. Performs administrative duties such as collecting, analyzing, and reporting data pertinent to department.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential obstacles and barriers, and devises escalation and contingency plans.
- Continuously evaluate operations and implement process improvements that reduce or eliminate waste, increase efficiency, quality, safety, satisfaction, and cost-effectiveness.
- Supports the Surgical Services Director to forecast, develop, and manage capital and operational budgets.
- Collaborates with leaders and stakeholders, develops a comprehensive plan, and model aligned to the budget and key quality indicators. Engages staff, solicits feedback to understand the voice of the customer, and provides growth and learning opportunities.
- Develops and implements strategies to support the business plans and assures service is met in a high quality manner. Analyzes productivity and labor analysis and works with the Business Operations Manager and Director of Surgical Services. Adjusts the planning to the operations needs to ensure operating budgets targets are met.
- Collaborates with the Surgical Services leaders, staff, and medical team to drive optimization and support the team with clinical, non-clinical, and administrative initiatives.
- Actively participates and facilitates organizational improvement by leading and participating in committees and performance improvement teams across departments and disciplines within the facility and across the system as appropriate.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Clinical, Business, or Management
- A minimum of two years nursing, clinical, or management experience in a surgical services acute care environment
- Experience with budget, leading projects, and working interprofessional team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of Business or Healthcare Management preferred.
- If BSN, RN - Registered Nurse RN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) – maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building skills; ability to mentor, guide, and motivate direct reports through demonstration of best practices and leading by example.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce expected results.
- Highly developed skills using personal computer tools including computerized healthcare information system, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems and utilizes standard mathematical techniques to budget and provide productivity assessments.
- Ability to work with patients and their families.
- Ability to trend and track productivity results and uses the data to predictive future scenarios.
Job : Management
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : OR ADMINISTRATION-2100-760950
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.