Be a Child's Champion
Patient Representative (Full Time, Day shift)PATIENT & GUEST SERVICES Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 25780
Champion of customer service and part of the hospitals problem solving team. Interact with patients, families, physicians, nurses and hospital staff as unbiased facilitators to resolve concerns/complaints/grievances.
Job Specific Duties
- Acknowledges electronic communication and telephone messages within 24 hours of receipt; provides excellent internal and external customer service.
- Communicates information regarding hospital services; presents and/or interprets policy and procedure information to patients and families.
- Documents all interaction with patients on daily rounding logs; notates all patient complaints, grievances, or compliments in accordance with guidelines outlined in the MCH policy & procedure.
- Follows up with appropriate staff to ensure all concerns and complaints are addressed in a timely fashion and follow up is done to ensure complaint closure.
- Maintains objectivity and keeps lines of communication open between patients, families and hospital staff.
- Maintains visibility to staff, offers support, models service behaviors & concerns towards the resolution process; works with staff in a supportive way in order to troubleshoot & resolve issues.
- Makes daily rounds of assigned patient units and waiting areas; visits and greets every patient room in unit and meets with all new admissions.
- Notates all patient/family concerns addressed in daily logs and documents all complaints within 24 hours in the complaint documentation system.
- Notifies hospital staff, Directors, and Administration of problems or complaints as needed; reports unusual events regarding patient care issues on a timely basis to Risk Management.
- Helps drive service excellence by acting as a customer service champion and reviewing their assigned unit’s customer service target goals, priority questions, and sharing best practices with the staff.
- Meets regularly with the unit’s Director, participate in two service huddles and/or one department meeting a month in the unit and facilitate customer service support.
- Review target goals, priority questions and share best practices with unit Director and staff.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2-4 years Experience in dealing with patients and families in a hospital setting
- Experience in dealing effectively with people in stressful situations
- Fluency in speaking both English and Spanish languages required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent customer service with experience and training.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
- Associate degree in a related field or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Consistently displays a professional appearance & presents themselves as a role model to the MCH staff.
- Demonstrates reflective listening and strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge in use of computers and ability to learn appropriate software applications.
- Knowledgeable of Patient Rights.
- Possesses an awareness of hospital systems and procedures, location of all departments, treatment areas and other patient services.
- Proficient writing skills.
Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : PATIENT & GUEST SERVICES-1000-868001
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.