Be a Child's Champion
Physician Assistant ENT (Full Time, Day Shift)NCPS-NCH ENT Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 24106
The ENT PA functions independently within the delegated parameters delineated by the supervising physician. The ENT PA is responsible for management of otolaryngology surgery patients and participates in their clinical care as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Duties include but are not limited to; ascertaining a thorough patient history and physical examination; ordering and interpreting radiological and laboratory test results; making a diagnosis; instructing and counseling patient and family; prescribing medications; ordering and carrying out therapy and management plans; documenting patient care services within charts and departmental records; and, when within scope of practice, performing surgical procedures.
Job Specific Duties
- Performs comprehensive and problem focused history and physical examinations.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, monitors, and modifies a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Orders appropriate laboratory tests, radiographic studies and consultations.
- Performs procedures as demonstrated through competency and identified in delineation of privileges.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, quality initiatives and research.
- Initiates emergency resuscitation and stabilization as necessary.
- Generates, collects, and integrates data from a wide variety of sources in order to make clinical decisions about the initiation of appropriate orders, procedures, referrals, and treatments setting.
- Writes orders, monitors and alters drug therapies, and performs other necessary procedures within the framework of an established protocol entered into a collaborative relationship with an MD.
- Provides inpatient consults and rounds on post-operative inpatient patients in a combination of inpatient hospital and outpatient office setting.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Physician Assistant PA License issued by the state of Florida
- Maintain National Certification - NCCPA- National Commission of Certification of PA
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association PALS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Level II Background Check
- Successful completion of Credentialing by NCHS Medical Administration
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care
Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-NCH ENT-3100-462200
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.