Be a Child's Champion
Physician Assistant - First Assist O.R. - Orthopaedics/Spine (Full Time, Day Shift)NCPS-ORTHOPEDICS & SUPPORT Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 21407
Functions independently within the delegated parameters delineated by their supervising physician. Duties considered as minimal for applicants include: the ability to ascertain a thorough patient history and physical examination, order and interpret radiological and laboratory test results, treat minor injury, make a diagnosis, instruct and counsel patient and family, prescribe medications, order and carry out therapy and management plans, document patient care services within charts and departmental records, and when within their scope of practice perform surgical procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements
Certified pediatric advanced life support and Basic life support
Physician Assistant Licensure issued by The State of Florida.
Level II finger printing background required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing a physical examination; ordering pertinent lab and radiology; obtaining, updating medical records.
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary in pertinent deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families.
- Creates and sustains a therapeutic and ethically sound relationship with patients.
- Differentiates between the normal and the abnormal in anatomic, physiological, laboratory findings and other diagnostic data.
- Initiates emergency resuscitation and stabilization as necessary and complies with hospital safety regulations and infection control.
- Manages general medical and surgical conditions to include understanding the indications, contraindications, side effects, interactions and adverse reactions of pharmacologic agents and other relevant treatment modalities.
- Orders, alters, or adjusts controlled and non- controlled medications for in hospital patients.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, quality of care initiatives, and research of special projects.
- Performs procedures as identified in delineation of privileges
- Prescribes non-controlled medication for patients.
- Works effectively with physicians and other health care professionals as a member or leader of a health care team or other professional group.
- Certification by the National Certification Commission of Physician Assistants
- Continuing Medical Education maintained to specifications of AAPA
- Competent bedside manners.
- Dedicated to the needs of the patient including protecting confidential data.
- Thoroughness in completing tasks and documentation.
Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-ORTHOPEDICS & SUPPORT-3100-466790
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.