Be a Child's Champion
Physician/Attending - Child PsychiatryNCPS-PEDIATRIC PSYCHIATRY Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20524
The position is primarily a clinical position related to the diagnosis, treatment and clinical management of pediatric patients in a multidisciplinary environment that includes physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical scientists and social workers. The position offers a mix of general and high acuity pediatric patients in outpatient and inpatient settings. The position also includes teaching and supervision of medical residents and provides opportunities to participate in research and publishing.
Minimum Job Requirements
Board certified or eligible in the appropriate subspecialty(ies).
Current BCLS-CPR card.
Florida medical license, DEA.
MD or DO degree from accredited medical school.
Meets MCH medical staff credentialing requirements.
Minimum three years experience in pediatric setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and treatment.
- Continues to actively self-educate (i.e., reading journals, CME credits, MCH conferences, etc.).
- Coordinates and/or develops and delivers monthly inservices to meet staff and resident development needs.
- Coordinates follow-up of tests, lab studies, and patient follow-up phone calls.
- Directly provides clinical services to patients including, but not limited to: Performing and recording history and physical examinations, Recording and interpreting pertinent patient data, Developing and documenting a treatment plan, Writing routine orders for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays and consultations, Performing patient/parent teaching, Assisting with patient follow-up, Performing appropriate screenings, Administering medications as required, Ordering and/or performing therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient findings.
- Makes suggestions to Department Director and/or attending staff that may be beneficial to the improvement of the department.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Research and Publishing.
- Participates in teaching of and is role model to medical students and residents.
- Participates in the call schedule as assigned.
- Exceptional clinical, research and teaching skills and have a commitment to academic pediatrics.
- Must be able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers.
- Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Requires the ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care, the ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
Job : Physician
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-PEDIATRIC PSYCHIATRY-3100-471755
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.