Be a Child's Champion
Practice Administrator - NCPS (Full-Time, Day Shift)NCPS-PROFESSIONAL SERVICES Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 21754
Provides oversight of the daily operations of multiple physician practices. Ensures quality services for both internal and external customers, provide direction and supervision to staff consistent with objectives of MCH’s mission, vision, and values. Manages the business operations of the physician practices.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Healthcare Administration (or) 10 years of experience as a Practice Administrator.
- Five to seven years of physician practice management experience required.
Three years of physician practice revenue cycle experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the physician group practice to ensure the implementation of prescribed activities is carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Provides administrative support to practice physicians and advanced practice clinicians, including conducting monthly provider meetings.
- Implements standard business and financial practices that promote enhanced customer service and the delivery of quality patient care. Investigates and resolves or escalates customer service issues (e.g., complaints, billing issues) for patients and their families.
- Plans, develops and implements methods and procedures; directs and coordinates practice activities; and exercises control over the personnel practice functions.
- Maintains and updates practice policies and procedures in accordance with MCH standards. In conjunction with the Director, develops and revises practice performance goals related to process improvement, patient satisfaction, revenue cycle/financial performance, etc.
- In conjunction with the Leader, develops and revises practice performance goals related to process improvement, patient satisfaction, revenue cycle/financial performance, etc.
- Maintains all personnel records, licenses and permit renewals. Ensures the practice meets all mandates (OSHA, HRS, medical waste, Miami Children’s Hospital requirements, etc.) and maintains quality and performance improvements.
- Prepares progress reports on practice activities (process improvements, etc.) and financial performance to ensure the practice objectives are accomplished. Works collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations; monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget.
- Ensures staffing levels and skill sets are appropriate to support the daily operations of the practice. Ensures staff and procedures are handled effectively by providing training, coaching, and counseling.
- Oversees front-end revenue cycle functions such as scheduling appointments, obtaining and verifying authorizations, creating and/or maintaining medical records, collecting co-payments and outstanding balances at the time of service.
- Works in conjunction with various departments and hospital committees to assure revenue maximization including revenue enhancement, compliance, practice performance, variance analysis, charge capture, billing/collections, and overall operational analysis including but not limited to: Maintains records to reconcile billing and collection for services by: preparing accurate and timely billing forms and charge tickets; Collecting, recording and issuing receipts for monies received for services (co-payments, etc.) . Preparing and making bank deposits and daily journals. Running reports for credit cards, super bills, etc. Investigating and resolving, when possible, billing issues for patient and families. Researching and addressing unidentified charges and payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or healthcare management preferred.
- Computer (Microsoft Office) skills and medical terminology knowledge required.
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills.
- CPT and ICD-9 knowledge preferred with basic understanding of ICD10.
- Ability to build relationships, rapport and trust with Physicians.
Job : Management
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-PROFESSIONAL SERVICES-3100-490000
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.