Be a Child's Champion
Project Coordinator Construction/Design (Full Time)CONSTRUCTION Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 25947
Supports Project Managers in gathering and preparing information and resources to help execute and implement proposed or approved projects. Key duties and responsibilities include creating and maintaining budgets, work schedules, and organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings and ensuring scope, quality, and deadlines for projects are met. Provides support to the team in planning, development, and implementation of different projects and initiatives. Develops and maintains construction project metrics and schedules. Assists with creation and coordination of construction team meetings. Assists with the preparation and processing of project PO requisitions and invoices review and approval processing. Provides clerical and administrative support functions to project management team members and other staff as assigned.
Job Specific Duties
- Facilitates the planning, organization, and activities of the department to ensure efficient/effective workflow. Evaluates situations and searches for ways of improving methods and cost efficient.
- Assists Project Manager with the planning, design, and execution of multiple construction & renovation projects to meet program requirements, budget, safety, & time constraints. Prepares project management PICRA plans for all assigned projects. Completes daily construction site inspection reports and checks project ICRA requirements for deficiencies.
- Partners with key stakeholders and other leaders to optimize and successfully execute operating calendar events. Responsible for upkeep of all operating calendar activities including scheduling, assignments, and coordination of events.
- Provides transcription and word processing support including screening, translation assistance, composing, typing, editing, proofreading & preparing responses to correspondence.
- Responsible to set up, update, and maintain department databases.
- Assists in coordinating projects with all impacted NCHS stakeholders and provides on-going project communication to appropriate parties about the project’s impact and status. Assists in the preparation of weekly IOI reports, weekly project progress reports and monthly project board presentation reports.
- Develops move/equipment management plans and the implementation.
- Collaborates with PM team to manage the procurement process required by the project and participates in contract negotiations resulting in Request for Proposal process and the ultimate selection of project vendors.
- Obtains all required hospital approvals (e.g., legal and management) and submits required documentation to the appropriate departments for purchase order issuance.
- Assists and ensures documented project information is accurate in a timely manner; ensures project files and electronic records are current, complete, and accurate.
- Helps the Project Manager ensure compliance with AHCA, ADA, NFPA, OSHA and local building codes. Schedules the required meetings on and off-site with the AHJ’s to follows up on issues and concerns, and assists in confirming corrective measures have been completed as instructed by the Project Management team.
- Assists the Project Manager to determine and evaluate risks that may affect the project and implements risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans to avoid project delays/cost overruns.
- Reviews onsite progress/status of all projects and identifies specific activities to be performed to ensure project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks are completed according to project deadline and as directed by the Project Manager.
- Develops and delivers project training, workshops, and process improvement initiatives as required by the department or as instructed by department leadership.
- Assists leader(s) and staff with special projects, organizes meetings, and conferences and other special events. Performs research and analysis for related projects and specific issues. Helps in the development of project budgets and schedules.
- Facilitates the planning, organization, and activities of the project to ensure efficient and effective workflow coordination.
- Provides clerical support in the form of note taking and issuing of meeting minutes during project meetings, problem solving activities and planning and other meetings as needed to ensure delivery of department's goals and objectives.
- Provides project support, coordinating visitors, schedule & maintains calendars, coordinating travel arrangements, and handling daily interdepartmental communications and relations.
- Receives and screens project visitors and project telephone calls for the assigned Project Managers.
- Answers inquiries concerning activities and daily project progress for assigned projects for the department leader(s).
- Schedules and coordinates meetings for the project team members and follows-up as required.
- Manages the Construction Department Director's calendar and appointments.
- Supports two or three Project Managers and their associated project workloads.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2 years of Administrative Assistant or Project Coordinator experience (OR) Associate's Degree in related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Experience in healthcare project management, commercial design or construction, or facilities planning/capital project management preferred.
- Able to read and interpret construction documents and furniture drawings.
- Familiar with project management methodologies and construction reporting tools.
- Proficient in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Photoshop), Desktop Publishing, MS project schedule, and management solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor and independent thinking.
- Able to adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Able to handle multiple assignments, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Abilities in prioritizing, strong problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage complex analytical situations.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with minimal supervision.
- Ability to represent department/function in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to follow complex written or verbal instructions to solve problems.
- Ability to assist in the management of multiple projects at the same time.
- Able to conduct business presentations and discuss ideas in a professional and respectful manner; able to deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
Job : Clerical/Administrative
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : CONSTRUCTION-1000-944900
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.