Be a Child's Champion
PT Sports Medicine - Miami Lakes Outpatient Center (Full Time, Day Shift)MIAMI LAKES OP CTR-PT Florida-Miami-Miami Lakes Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20663
Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy program.
State of Florida licensure - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
CPR BLS - American Heart Association - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
Level II Finger printing background and Good Moral Character Affidavit must be initiated within 15 days of hire date and finalized within 90 days of hire date
1-3 years of experience in orthopedics or sports medicine with a minimum of 1 of those years with the adolescent and/or teenage population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes evaluation and re-evaluation using evidence based guidelines, identifies functional deficits, and skilled interventions based on deficits.
- Records daily patient documentation, statistics, and charges accurately and in a timely manner as determined by meeting departmental standards.
- Develops a plan of care outlining area of deficit, activity restrictions, context, assistance needed, functional, realistic, and measurable treatment goals and/or status of ongoing goals.
- Recommends and provides treatments based upon medical, clinical, functional, and observational findings.
- Initiates, documents, and prepares the patient/family for discharge at the time of the evaluation based on maximum potential or benefit of therapy is reached.
- Maintains and documents productivity standards set by the Leaders
- Maintains active and supportive communication with the patient, caregiver(s), and others concerned regarding progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants, Rehab Aides, and other according to experience.
- Masters or Doctoral degree preferred
- APTA and FPTA memberships preferred.
- Pediatric and/or orthopedic/sports medicine experience preferred.
- Ability to appropriately interact with patients, parents/guardians, and other health care professionals in all work related situations.
- Current in standards of practice in youth orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Ability to problem-solve to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and rehabilitation professionals.
Job : Rehab/Therapy
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Miami Lakes
Department : MIAMI LAKES OP CTR-PT-2100-580728
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.