Be a Child's Champion
Registrar - Patient Access (Part Time) w/Benefits CtrWEST BIRD PATIENT ACCESS Florida-Miami-West Bird Miami, Florida Requisition ID 23421
Greets patients and families in person or on the telephone. Obtains demographic, third party payer, financial information, medical information, and identification to schedule or register the patient for services. Obtains authorization and collects payments when required.
Job Specific Duties
- Greets patients and families in person or on the telephone in a respectful and empathetic manner.Responds to questions and/or problems and keeps open lines of communication with patients/families.
- Interviews patients/families to obtain demographic, third party payer, financial/medical information, and identification to schedule, pre-admit/admit, or pre-register/register patients.
- Verifies third party payer information via the web or telephone.
- Requests and documents appropriate authorization for hospital and physician services via web or fax, and follows up until authorization is obtained.
- Documents all activities in the Collection Notes file of the computer system as appropriate.
- Obtains all necessary consents for patient.
- Directs families to appropriate location in the facility.
- Verifies patients are accompanied by legal guardian, and notifies Risk Management if patient is present with anyone other than legal guardian for any non-emergent visits.
- Notifies and educates patient/family of financial responsibility and documents collections in hospital system.
- Communicates with appropriate departments if any issues/questions arise and/or to accommodate any special needs for patients.
- Obtains and validates prescriptions when appropriate.
- Places and monitors patients arriving for outpatient services by using patient tracking system.
- Corrects any registration errors made utilizing the QA system.
- Scans all documents to the appropriate folder in the PEDS system.
- Schedules hospital and/or physician services as appropriate.
- Triages incoming facility inquiries and routes appropriately.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 1 year of customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of healthcare environment preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise, and courteous manner.
- Fluent in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to accurately enter and interpret data.
- Able to adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions in a pleasant manner.
- Able to serve customers with courtesy and respect.
- Able to learn and use system-wide hospital application(s).
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to follow complex written or verbal instructions to solve problems.
- Able to establish necessary professional relationships, interact, and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to effectively manage and use resources to successfully meet the competing deadlines of a variety of tasks, problems, and projects.
- Able to take and respond to on-call shift or shifts as assigned on weekdays, weekends, and holidays
Job : Clerical/Administrative
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-West Bird
Department : WEST BIRD PATIENT ACCESS-2100-535905
:Part Time with Benefits
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.