Be a Child's Champion
RN- Hematology/ Oncology (Full Time, Night shift)
Our nurses are happy, and we do everything we can to keep them that way. We are looking for quality, driven nurses to join our outstanding team; take a look at our current openings and apply today.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
- Registered Nurse Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) – must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPR American Heart Healthcare Provider – must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- PALS - American Heart Association - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 1 year
- Aphon - Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Course– must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 1 year
- Ensures completion of patient admission history & prepares and accurately completes the discharge planning process as per department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Plans, implements and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Follows physician’s orders, administers chemotherapy & patient medications & reconstitutes meds when needed. Adheres to six rights of medication administration per medication administration policy.
- Provides nursing to immuno-compromised patients including: central line monitoring, IV site monitoring, lab draws and monitoring of lab results.
- Performs interventions which include electrolyte infusions, sepsis monitoring, and transfusions with blood products.
- Collaborates and rounds with a multi-disciplinary team in daily care planning rounds as appropriate and fosters a Family Centered Care Environment.
- Utilizes electronic innovations to provide efficient patient care and attends to patient call lights in a manner that promotes patient safety as per hospital policy.
- Upon admission, verifies patient roadmap, protocol and orders for correctness and accuracy.
- Ensures safe analgesics/narcotics administration, monitoring and reassessment as per hospital Pain Management Policy and procedure.
- Completes all nursing multi-system assessments that includes head to toe, vitals, dressing changes, suction, feeding, bathing and repositioning.
- Ensures appropriate restraint orders use and documentation and monitoring, as required by Sedation Policy and procedure.
- Ensures proper and safe wound care as required by Wound Care Policy and procedures.
- Accesses electronic health record independently according to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Communicates with patient and family on additional resources available to the patient.
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input and communicates any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Educates families regarding new diagnosis and provides treatment plan.
- Promotes an “error-free” working environment by consistently providing high-quality & safe care as prompted.
- Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, efficient care, while ensuring no medication errors, avoidance of falls, prevention of central line infections, ouch-free procedural pain & pain reduction.
- Provides patient information and effectively completes the hand off process at shift change and patient reassignments.
- Demonstrates proper personal protective equipment (PPE) indication and use.
- Actively participates in the nursing governance council and unit based activities.
- Meets or exceeds unit standards in achieving a 95% CEI; completes documentation in a timely manner; accountable to regulatory and requirements of the DNV, CMS, DOH, FACT, COG, COC.
- Ensures proper disposal of chemotherapy products per the Disposal Waste Policy.
- Maintains professional accountability & ensures compliance thru timely completion of Licensures & Certs., competencies, health requirements (PPD, Flu), initial competencies & education requirements.
- Meets Service Excellence Index (SEI) standards, complies with the attendance guidelines and ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN program
- A minimum of 1 year experience as an RN in Pediatric in Hematology/Oncology setting preferred
- Possesses proficiency in computers and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Career Development: National certification Certified Pediatric Nurse i.e. (CPHON) or (CPON) or BMTCN preferably within 5 years of hire
- Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to positively influence, hold self and others accountable
- Able to work effectively in collaborative environment
- Ability to apply principles of evidence-based practice, analytical thinking and service excellence in practice
- Able to float to various nursing units while maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service
- Able to provide coverage for on-call assignments per departmental and hospital policy
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : 6 TOWER-2100-610004
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.