Be a Child's Champion
RN - Hialeah Urgent Care Ctr. (Full Time, Evenings)
By becoming a nurse at Nicklaus Children’s, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of patient and family centered care that meets the quality of standards at our Magnet designated hospital. We are looking for a nurse to provide compassion and knowledge every day.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
Responsible for the planning and delivery of care utilizing nursing processes: assessment, implementation and evaluation. Oversees the plan of care, utilizes effective problem solving strategies, and applies evidence based practices. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated hospital and Patient Bill of Rights. Provides compassionate and family centered care for Urgent Care Center (UCC) patients. Practices under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- RN licensure within the State of Florida - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association PALS within 2 years of hire - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) required within 3 months of hire (current staff must obtain by 12/31/2018) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in a BSN degree program.
- 1 year of experience as an RN in a Pediatric ED/UCC or ICU setting preferred.
- Career Development: National certification Certified Pediatric Nurse (i.e. ANCC, CPN, or RNBC) preferably within 5 years of hire.
- PEARS (Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization) completion within two years of hire– maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- Proficiency in computers and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred.
- Possesses a passion for learning.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice, analytical thinking and service excellence in practice.
- Able to float to various urgent care centers as needed while maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service.
- Able to pick up on-call assignment per department and hospital policy.
Job Specific Duties
- Communicates patient's progress including critical findings & changes in condition with physician and/or disciplines involved in the care of the child. Performs and documents discharge instructions.
- Completes intakes to prepare patient to be seen by the medical team including vital signs, weight, height, symptoms, and history.
- Delegates nursing care based on knowledge of staff qualifications and competency.
- Performs intake assessment on patients with an emergency condition.
- Performs nursing treatments and follows physician team orders for medication administration, IV hydration, aerosol respiratory support, etc. on assigned patients.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a transfer to a higher level of care for EMTALA transfers.
- Obtains parental immunization consent for every immunization administered per policy.
- Assists Physician in procedures (I&D, lacerations, sutures removal) as needed.
- Follows physician’s orders, checks labs, tests, and administers patient medications when needed. Adheres to six rights of medication administration per Medication administration policy.
- Assesses IV sites after removal of IV to check for infiltration and redness.
- Ensures safe analgesics/narcotics administration, monitoring and reassessment as per hospital Pain Management policy and procedure.
- Asses electronic health record independently according to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation within 24 hours in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input. Communicates any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Provides education and documents patient/family teachings on health related needs (i.e. disease, medications, treatments, pain, discharge, safety, nutrition, skin care, etc.).
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing thorough hand-offs (utilizing SBAR) and infection prevention measures.
- Ensures safe/effective/efficient care delivery with emphasis on absence of medication errors & blood borne infections, avoidance of falls from surface, ouch-free procedural pain, & reduction of pain.
- Completes chart reviews observe for Accreditation and Regulatory Compliance.
- Completes charges on all assigned patients.
- Demonstrates proper personal protective equipment (PPE) indication and use.
- Meets or exceeds unit standards in achieving a 95% CEI; completes documentation in a timely manner; accountable to regulatory and requirements of the DNV, CMS, DOH, & ACHA.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Hialeah
Department : HIALEAH ACC - UCC NURSING-2100-582600
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.