Be a Child's Champion
RN Life Flight (Full Time, Night Shift)
By becoming a nurse at Nicklaus Children’s, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of patient and family centered care that meets the quality of standards at our Magnet designated hospital. We are looking for a nurse to provide compassion and knowledge every day.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and supervises individual patient care on a nursing unit according to unit policies and procedures. Supports and upholds the Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the supervision of the Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- RN - Registered Nurse RN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) – maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- ACLS - American Heart Association ACLS as specified by the department- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Institute as specified by the department- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 90 days
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- BACKGRD - Level II Background Check as specified by the department- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program as specified by the department- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 90 days
- PALS - American Heart Association PALS maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 2 years
- Must complete competency assessment tool upon 3 months for non-Intensive Care Unit and 6 months for a Critical Care setting of hire date
- Minimum 2000 hours Level II / Level III NICU experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Career Development: National certified within 5 years of hire and pursues BSN preferred.
- Pediatric Nursing in an acute care setting preferred
Job Specific Duties
- Communicates the patient's progress, critical findings, and changes in condition with physician or disciplines involved in the care of the child. Performs & documents discharge planning per policy.
- Completes all nursing assessment of patients. Completes admission history & discharge planning thoroughly and accurately.
- Ensures all admission history includes spiritual needs, cultural, developmental, educational/learning needs, and psychosocial needs.
- Delegates nursing care based on knowledge of staff qualifications and competency.
- Performs reassessments as per policy and when there is a change in the plan of care and/or when an intervention is performed.
- Plans, implements, and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Provides education and documents on patient/family teachings on health related needs (i.e. disease, medications, treatments, pain, discharge, safety, nutrition, skin care etc).
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing thorough hand-offs & infection prevention measures. Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, & efficient care.
- Ensures absence of medication errors, avoidance of falls, ouch-free procedural pain, reduction of pain, absence of blood borne infections, surgical site infections, & secure of endotracheal tubes.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : TRANSPORT TEAM-2100-780020
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.