Be a Child's Champion
RN- Medical Surgical (Full Time, Night shift)
Our nurses are happy, and we do everything we can to keep them that way. We are looking for quality, driven nurses to join our outstanding team; take a look at our current openings and apply today.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
Provides compassionate and family centered care in a multi-specialty inpatient nursing unit. Delivers age appropriate nursing care for Nephrology, Gastrointestinal (GI), Adolescent Medicine, Endocrinology patients and other specialties. Applies evidence based practice in the planning and delivery of care and utilizes the nursing processes: diagnosis, planning, treatment, evaluation and education of patients and families from admission to discharge. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated hospital and Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
CPR: Healthcare Provider.
RN licensure within the State of Florida.
PALS certification completion within 2 years in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Nursing Care Functions
- Completes all nursing multi-system assessments that include head to toe assessments, vital signs, dressing changes, suctioning, bathing, and repositioning.
- Reviews patient admission history, prepares and accurately completes the discharge planning process as per department and hospital policies & procedures.
- Communicates the patient's progress including critical findings, changes in the patients' condition with the physician and/or disciplines involved in the care of the child.
- Plans, implements and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Provides nursing care that includes IV site monitoring, specimen collection, and assists medical team with special procedures.
- Follows physician’s orders, administers and reconstitutes medications as directed. Adheres to the six rights of medication administration.
- Collaborates and rounds with a multi-disciplinary team in daily care planning rounds, as appropriate and fosters a Family Centered Care environment.
- Accesses electronic health record independently according to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record.
Patient Family Communication
- Communicates in a therapeutic and caring manner with patients and families to review plan of care, solicit input and communicate patient & family concerns to physician.
- Educates patients and their families about disease processes, post treatment home care such as disease, medication, treatments, pain, discharge and safety.
- Promotes an "error free" environment by providing high-quality, safe care as per hospital policies, conducts prevention rounding & follows up on identified concerns promptly.
- Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective care w/emphasis on absence of medication errors, IV infiltrations, falls & BSI avoidance, ouch-free procedural & pain reduction.
- Provides patient information and effectively completes the hand off process at shift change and patient reassignments.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Career Development: National certified preferably within 5 years of hire.
- BSN Degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- Nursing experience in a Pediatric healthcare setting is preferred.
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice, analytical thinking and service excellence in practice.
- Analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Floats to various nursing units while maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service.
- On-call assignment per department and hospital policy.
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : 3 NORTHEAST-2100-610005
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.