Be a Child's Champion
RN Nursing Excellence Coordinator (Full Time, Day shift)
By becoming a nurse at Nicklaus Children’s, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of patient and family centered care that meets the quality of standards at our Magnet designated hospital. We are looking for a nurse to provide compassion and knowledge every day.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
The Nursing Excellence Coordinator supports the Horizon Nurse Residency Program and Nursing Shared/Professional Governance under the supervision of the Nursing Excellence Manager, Horizon/Magnet Program Director role.
The Nursing Excellence Coordinator contributes to the development, implementation and programmatic support for the clinical onboarding & orientation experience of newly licensed registered nurses. Supports the management of various educational activities and other elements of the Horizon Program. Promotes the Horizon Program within the community and supports the pipeline programs that feed into the Horizon Program.
Oversees the Nursing Shared/Professional Governance structure under the guidance of the Director of Nursing Professional Practice. Coordinates the implementation of annual goal setting in alignment with strategic priorities, serves as mentor for council chairs, and monitors outcomes associated with council goals.
Job Specific Duties
- Supports nurse residents, preceptors and Clinical Education Specialists (CES) in biweekly meetings to assess nurse resident onboarding experience and progress.
- Supports the Horizon Mentorship Program by ensuring ongoing communication, mentor guidance and monitors program outcomes.
- Assists in the coordination and support of all Horizon events and activities.
- Monitors Horizon Program metrics.
- Represents the Horizon Program internally and externally, attends school and career fairs.
- Collaborates with Marketing to create and distribute Horizon Program advertisements, publications, and other promotional materials.
- Contributes to the Nurse Residency Program Accreditation document and process.
- Responsible for nursing shared/professional governance support/mentorship of clinical nurses in chair & co-chair roles.
- Ongoing monitoring of nursing shared/professional governance goals. Identifies challenges/barriers and communicates to Director of Professional Nursing Practice.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Registered Nurse License in Florida out Multi-State (Compact) License
- 3-5 years of Pediatric Nursing Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point, and Outlook
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Nursing Professional Development Certification.
- Prior experience and engagement within Shared/Professional Governance.
- Preceptor experience.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Able to deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
- Able to handle multiple assignments, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability in prioritizing, problem solving, and attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work independently and flexibly with minimal supervision.
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NURSING PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE-2100-860010
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.