Be a Child's Champion
Specialty Surgical Technologist - Robotics (Full-Time, Days)OPERATING ROOM Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 22395
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technician program
CPR BLS American Heart Association – must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
Surgical Technologist experience in an acute healthcare environment.
Successful completion of Operating Room orientation within 6 months of hire.
- Provides care to patients undergoing surgical intervention including preparing for procedures, providing supplies & instruments, and post-procedures clean-up.
- Prepares for all specimens handling within hospital guidelines and policy. Ensures proper handoff per surgery guidelines and delivery of specimens.
- Assists with patient care activities, count of instruments, planning and set up of sterile field) under the direction of RN Circulator.
- Checks and assembles supplies, equipment, and instrumentation prior to surgical procedure to promote a safe and sterile environment of care.
- Collaboratively works with Specialty RN to order instruments as needed thru the Surgical Services business office.
- Focuses on the needs of the physician in providing for instrument set up as recorded on preference card.
- Ensures patient safety by maintaining surgical counts for sponges, needles, and instruments as per surgical count policy.
- Promotes safety by actively participating in the "Time Out" process with the surgical team.
- Maintains and ensures compliance is met with timely completion of certifications, competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95 testing, flu shot compliance, etc.), and education requirements.
- Maintains accountability by meeting service excellence index (SEI) standards and complying with attendance guidelines and procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- Able to perform sterile techniques and maintain a sterile field
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers
- Able to complete basic competency list and specialized skills list for position
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions
Job : Nursing- Support (Clinical)
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : OPERATING ROOM-2100-760000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.