Be a Child's Champion
Sterile Processing Technician (Full Time, Weekends)STERILE PROCESSING SUPPLY Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 21986
Prior customer service experience
- Processes and decontaminates all biological indicators, instruments, trays, carts according to industry standards of AAMI.
- Assembles, sterilizes, records and stores all reusable instruments, trays and carts.
- Evaluates and inspects all instruments, and equipment for function and cleanliness as per AAMI standards.
- Utilizes resources including One Source.docs database and manufacturer guidelines to ensure that all cleanliness standards are being met.
- Provides assistance & training to new employees.
- Monitors inventory & assures that supplies are adequate, properly stored and rotated.
- Responds to all telephone and operating room calls/ and intercoms in an effort to improve communication.
- Follows universal precautions (i.e.; donning of Personal Precaution Equipment (PPE), disinfection of equipment) according to safety guidelines outlined by the manufacturers.
- Documents each step of the process in the sterilization. Performs and reports all tests, reviews and document based on AAMI standards
- Maintains Professional accountability to ensure compliance thru timely completion of Certifications, Competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95. Flu), initial competencies & education requirements.
- Ensures Clinical Excellence Index (CEI) with zero-based equipment issues, and follows proper AAMI sterilization standards according to guidelines.
- Maintains professional accountability by meeting the Service Excellence Index (SEI) standards and complying with the attendance guidelines and procedures and ensures behavior is compliant.
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Experience working with medical equipment and/or instrumentation is strongly preferred
- Currently attending or successfully completed a surgical tech certification program preferred
- Ability to learn appropriate software applications
- Knowledge of AAMI, OSHA, and AORN standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions
- Ability to take call according to the Operating Room Schedule per departmental policy
- Ability to respond rapidly in a quickly changing circumstance in the patient care environment
Job : Support
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : STERILE PROCESSING SUPPLY-2100-719000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.