Be a Child's Champion
Transfer Center Coordinator (Full Time, Split Shift)TRANSFER CENTER Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 24154
Responsible for organizing and managing office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Job Specific Duties
- Achieves financial targets by managing expenditures, analyzing actual vs. projected volumes, initiating corrective actions, and contributing to budget planning.
- Assists the Director in developing workflows, methods, and procedures to ensure economy and efficiency of operation of the department.
- Manages accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and ensures that the process runs smoothly.
- Evaluates transfers and tracks and trends situations searching for ways of improving methods and making them more time and cost-efficient.
- Ensures office staff and procedures are handled effectively by providing training, and coaching. Provides in-service to staff hospital-wide regarding transfer center operations.
- Maintains and updates departmental policies and procedures with Director's approval.
- Monitors inventory of supplies and orders as needed. Reconciles and supports the inventory of supplies and reorders when needed. Reconciles and supports the purchase order process as requested.
- Maintains an active, hands-on level of participation in all transfer requests in and out of the facility.
- Coordinates bed assignment and Physician-to-Physician and RN-to-RN discussion as appropriate for effective, safe, and timely transfers.
- Prepares administrative reports for management. Maintains all reports, personnel records, licenses, and permit renewals as needed for the department.
- Provides supervision to the operation and ensures the department is properly staffed.
- Reconciles and supports the maintenance of timecards, payroll reports, and attendance monitoring. Ensures attendance related practices comply with hospital policies.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 4-7 years of clerical office experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Education or equivalent
- Prior Office Manager experience preferred
- Supervisory Experience preferred
- Decision making and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Human relations and team building skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to represent department in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner
- Ability to follow complex written or verbal instructions to solve complex problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and KRONOS
Job : Professional
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : TRANSFER CENTER-2100-861002
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.