Be a Child's Champion
Unit Coordinator- Float Pool (Per Diem / Pool, Day shift)NURSING-CASUAL LABOR FTE Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus Miami, Florida Requisition ID 20582
Welcomes patients and families and performs general computer, receptionist, and clerical duties in a Nursing unit. Provides excellent customer service, supports the nursing leaders and staff. Assist patients and families. Works under the supervision of the RN Charge Nurse/Clinical Coordinator. Supports and upholds the Patients' Bill of rights.
Job Specific Duties
- Promptly answers patient calls, transfers calls, and obtains information to effectively resolve an issue or request.
- Greets and welcomes patients, families, parents, and visitors to the nursing unit. Provides administrative support and assists the medical and clinical teams with requests and tasks.
- Makes sure every guest experience is positive and lasting. Provides the guest with a “Welcome Packet” and assists the clinical team to support the guests to become oriented to their patient care area and their room.
- Identifies and assesses guests’ needs when appropriate.
- Maintains the nursing station organized.
- Maintains an appropriate inventory and orders supplies when needed.
- Maintains non-electronic patient medical records for code blue and trauma documentation.
- Scans consents and calls all consults.
- Requests and follows up on servicing of non-functioning equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring all mobile computers are charged and functioning every night.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 1-3 years Clerical experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Graduate of a Unit Secretarial course or medical terminology course preferred.
- Previous experience as a Secretary or Administrative Assistant preferred.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer literate and knowledge of printers.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to learn appropriate software applications.
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment.
Job : Clerical/Administrative
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NURSING-CASUAL LABOR FTE-2100-609000
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.