Be a Child's Champion
RN MRI - Weston, FL (POOL, Day Shift)
Our nurses are happy, and we do everything we can to keep them that way. We are looking for quality, driven nurses to join our outstanding team; take a look at our current openings and apply today.
What makes a successful Nurse at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- We are there through all stages of health and life, both physically and mentally.
- We believe in inspiring hope and promoting lifelong health.
- We are a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey.
- We are guided by the CREATE (collaboration, responsibility, empowerment, advocacy, transformation, empathy) values and behaviors.
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Part-time and full-time employees receive the same benefits package.
Minimum Job Requirements
- RN licensure within the State of Florida - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association PALS within 2 years of hire - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in a BSN degree program
- Career Development: National certification Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) preferably within 5 years of hire
- Previous PACU experience is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as an RN in a Pediatric Radiology setting preferred
- Proficiency in computers and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Possesses a passion for learning
- Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice, analytical thinking, and service excellence in practice
Job Specific Duties
- Ensures completion of patient admission history; measures and documents weight, height, and vital signs.
- Accountable for making pre-procedure calls to obtain patient medical history 48 hours prior to appointment to minimize errors.
- Obtains parental consent for sedation medication administered per policy. Documents all dosages on the sedation log within the same shift per protocol.
- Follows physician’s orders and administers patient medications when needed. Adheres to six rights of medication administration per Medication Administration policy.
- Ensures safe analgesics/narcotics administration, monitoring, and reassessment as per hospital Sedation Management policy and procedure.
- Completes all nursing multi-system assessment that includes head to toe; performs systems assessment based upon patient need.
- Accountable to prepare all dosages of medication per Medication Administration policy.
- Continuously monitors child during procedure and reports any changes in status, notifies physician immediately and takes action on findings.
- Accesses electronic health record independently according to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation within 24 hours in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input. Communicates any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Provides education and documents on patient/family teachings on health related needs (i.e. sedation allergies, sedation effects, etc.).
- Ensures that follow up calls are made to gather wellness information and utilizes feedback to improve the patient and family experience.
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing thorough hand-offs (utilizing SBAR) and infection prevention measures.
- Ensures safe, effective, efficient care with emphasis on the absence of medication errors and blood borne infections, avoidance of falls from surface, ouch-free procedural pain, & reduction of pain.
- Completes one closed medical record to observe for Accreditation and Regulatory compliance.
- Completes charges on all assigned patients.
- Ensures daily truck inspection of MRI; narcotic counts performed according to policy and procedure.
- Ensures unit supplies are in place to ensure smooth operations, works together with team to optimize throughput.
- Meets or exceeds unit standards in achieving a 95% CEI; completes documentation in a timely manner; accountable to regulatory and requirements of the DNV, CMS, DOH, ACHCA.
- Demonstrates proper personal protective equipment (PPE) indication and use
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Weston-Dan Marino Outpatient Center
Department : DAN MARINO-MRI-2100-520733
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.
Explore transportation, parks, cafés, shopping and beaches in this location.