Be a Child's Champion
BI System Analyst IIIENTERPRISE BUS INTELLIGENCE Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices Miami, Florida Requisition ID 24442
Responsible for conducting highly complex analysis while leading the design, planning, and production of reports and analysis related to quality performance metrics and outcomes measures for Nicklaus Children's Health System that are defined by internal parameters to meet the mandates by state and federal programs, inclusive of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Maintains fluency of provider workflows across the system that influence outcome measures. Participates in strategic planning and conducts problem analysis for senior management.
Job Specific Duties
- Leverages modern BI and Statistical tools to perform measurement and benchmarking of performance measures in relation to best practices for the healthcare service industry and internal business objectives.
- Develops innovative and effective approaches to identify and solve highly complex business analytics problems, resulting in the development of actionable insights and recommendations for the business.
- Develops and maintains reports, analysis and KPI related to various pharmacy programs.
- Designs and creates reports that identify opportunities for improvement in the quality program processes.
- Produces complex reports and dashboards that solve business challenges, provide predictive analytics, and establish meaningful data driven alerts.
- Defines methods to extract data and aggregates the data to provide performance indicator reports and benchmark narratives for performance improvement.
- Prepares reports to be reviewed with department leaders in the analysis of hospital and/or physician performance.
- Monitors quality performance, outcomes and/or safety metrics to make recommendations for targeted process improvement projects.
- Prepares overviews and interpretation of reports; and follows up on assigned action items for various projects, meetings, and committees.
- Solves data integrity issues as they arise, and monitors the addition of new data, analytics and reporting systems.
- Creates customized and recurrent reports, and performs ad hoc analysis for senior management.
- Creates dashboards and visualizations of data to show key information at a glance and have the opportunity to drill down for more information when relevant.
- Interprets and translates data for senior management to clearly understand analysis and use it for meaningful decision making, and strategic planning purposes for the enterprise.
- Acts as a liaison with third party vendors of specialized business intelligence or database products, geographic information systems and data mining software.
- Maintains ability to perform all functions of a Business Intelligence Analyst with a high level of competency and with minimal supervision, e.g., interpret and validate data; interpret quality reports; conduct analysis and recommends solutions; identify, coordinate, collect and ensure the availability of data; etc.
- Performs data retrieval for various projects, and collects, analyzes, and presents the data back to senior analysts, and non-technical stakeholders.
- Prepares comprehensive documentation to support all related activities, inclusive of maintaining program documentation and files.
- Facilitates the ongoing performance improvement projects through data collection and analysis.
- Manages healthcare quality program departmental calendar to ensure all relevant submission dates, deadlines, and critical information stays current.
- Cross-trains on all functions related to the development, update and maintenance of assigned decision support databases; inclusive of ongoing collaboration with the group's Database Technology Managers in all matters related to the documentation of database functions.
- Assists with preparation of audit responses related to governmental program submissions prior to submission to third party.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Management, Statistics, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in reporting & analysis and/or data manipulation & analysis.
- 4-7 years’ experience analyzing and validating data, and working with process owners on driving data capture improvements.
- 4-7 years’ experience with programming language and report writing (i.e. SQL).
- 4-7 years’ experience building dashboards in systems such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- 4-7 years’ experience with Patient Safety, compliance, regulatory, clinical outcomes, hospital finance etc.
- 4-7 years’ experience with implementation of quality management concepts and pharmacy analytics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of at least one major EMR system.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel for creating complex and advanced formulas, v-look up, Excel Pivot tables, and conditional formatting.
- Competent with information management and research design and execution.
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis, general performance improvement, statistical tools, and process mapping.
- Excellent technical skills: Demonstrated technical skills and aptitudes related to all computer related activities, inclusive of the ability to learn and apply new applications, platforms, etc. Proficiency in the use of PCs, spreadsheets, report generating, working with cloud-based and server-based application systems
- Strong analytical skills: Experience in analyzing clinical performance data strongly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Ability promote and sustain outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills (verbal and written) while accepting responsibility to ensure all working relationships are respectful and professional.
- Excellent critical thinking skills: Ability to consistently apply independent and critical thinking skills to solve and escalate problems.
- Excellent ability to be self-directed: Ability to apply effective prioritization, organization, analytical, and project management skills (simultaneous multiple projects).
- Excellent attention to detail: Demonstrated ability to accurately review, screen and enter data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: Ability to clearly, effectively, and respectfully communicate questions, ideas, and solutions verbally and in writing to a broad spectrum of specialized skill and clinical experience.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and time lines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to ensure consistent and accurate adherence to established workflows and processes.
- Ability to sustain mature judgment and maintain strict confidential information and patient confidentiality as mandated by HIPAA, and organization policies, respect the rights and privacy of others at all times.
- Maintains current knowledge and practice in compliance with standards established by external regulatory agencies that impact job performance and deliverables and maintains fluency in governmental quality program requirements and rules. Master's degree preferred.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Waterford Offices
Department : ENTERPRISE BUS INTELLIGENCE-1000-921906
Joining a new organization can be daunting or overwhelming. But at Nicklaus, your colleagues make you feel welcomed. They taught me to celebrate our accomplishments and band together during challenging times. This is not easy to find in healthcare these days, so I’m grateful to have found an amazing place to work with people and leadership who have my well-being in mind.Lova Renee Brunson Manager Accreditation & Regulatory
Collaboration leads to success.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Working together, we find solutions and methods we would never find alone, and at Nicklaus Children’s, we have fun doing it.
Responsibility drives us.
We all take responsibility here – for the children, their families, our work and each other. We meet our responsibilities head on and motivate each other to succeed.
Empower yourself, help others.
Nicklaus Children’s encourages team members to believe in their ability to affect positive change in the world through everything they do with us.
Advocate for the right way.
Advocate for children. Advocate for families. Advocate for yourself. But most of all, advocate for getting the job done right and you will find nothing but success and support in your career here.
Transformation is growth.
At Nicklaus Children’s, change is not to be feared. When you work here, you are always working with the most advanced tools and procedures available.
Empathy is everything.
We expect our team members to have empathy for the patients and families they treat, and in turn, we have empathy for them. We take care of everyone in the Nicklaus Children’s family with competitive benefits and our supportive culture.